Do K-3 Visas need to meet Min Income req?

Reason why I am asking is I filed a K-1 and I am worryed about income req. I make about 24,000.00 a year now so Im ok for my current income. But for the past 3 years I had a job that paid most of my wages in Tips so my income on taxes looks like 13-15 thousand.

With my K-1 I included letters from all of my employers (3 of them) stating how many hours I work and how much I make. Do you think this will be ok?

I was thinking maybe worste case is I fly to CHina marry Hui and do the K-3 but I cant tellif K-3 needs income verified also?

Please if you know send me a reply.

Robert

Reason why I am asking is I filed a K-1 and I am worryed about income req. I make about 24,000.00 a year now so Im ok for my current income. But for the past 3 years I had a job that paid most of my wages in Tips so my income on taxes looks like 13-15 thousand.

With my K-1 I included letters from all of my employers (3 of them) stating how many hours I work and how much I make. Do you think this will be ok?

I was thinking maybe worste case is I fly to CHina marry Hui and do the K-3 but I cant tellif K-3 needs income verified also?

Robert

Yes, K-3 needs to meet the same Income requirements as a K-1.

Are you really living on only $24,000 a year, or do you have other resources? Be sure to give a full and accurate picture on the I-364.

You don't "need" a co-sponsor, since you make above the minimum. But it would help your picture, especially if it were a close family member.

Is $24,000 before or after taxes? $24,000 is more than enough to sponsor an immigrant if you have no dependents, and the immigrant is the only immigrant being sponsored, no immigrating children.

$24,000 before tax and deductions will support a family of 3 at 125% povertyline.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Robert

You may want to seriously consider not posting information about "Unreported Tips/Income". Just a thought.....

Are you really living on only $24,000 a year, or do you have other resources? Be sure to give a full and accurate picture on the I-364.

You don't "need" a co-sponsor, since you make above the minimum. But it would help your picture, especially if it were a close family member.

Lol yes I am making it very well on 24,000.00 a year. My bills are very low. (less then 750.00 a month for everything) I manage to save about 600.00 a month for my trips and activities. So I am not worried about having money to support us.

Robert

what is different about the last two years vs the current year? Did your job change or just your ability to make more money in the same job?

One concern is that your work looks stable, permanent and not of a seasonal (or year to year flucuation). If your current level is something you expect to be able to maintain (and not drop back to the lower levels), I would focus on showing that... as Randy said, document to them a "picture" of this current level and it's sustainability.

what is different about the last two years vs the current year? Did your job change or just your ability to make more money in the same job?

One concern is that your work looks stable, permanent and not of a seasonal (or year to year flucuation). If your current level is something you expect to be able to maintain (and not drop back to the lower levels), I would focus on showing that... as Randy said, document to them a "picture" of this current level and it's sustainability.

Difference is that last year and the 2 years before I was a part time worker Fulltime stay at home dad so My Ex could do her work. (My Ex is high up the management tree at Bank of Americia) The Ex traveled alot in her Job and I had a Job I worked durning school hours and could take care of the kids after school.

My lawyer thinks Income will not be a problem as I have pay stubs for new Job's ( got 4 jobs....no I dont sleep...:rolleyes:) and by the time the interview comes I should have good looking W-2's and tax returns.

Robert

Difference is that last year and the 2 years before I was a part time worker Fulltime stay at home dad so My Ex could do her work. (My Ex is high up the management tree at Bank of Americia) The Ex traveled alot in her Job and I had a Job I worked durning school hours and could take care of the kids after school.

My lawyer thinks Income will not be a problem as I have pay stubs for new Job's ( got 4 jobs....no I dont sleep...:P) and by the time the interview comes I should have good looking W-2's and tax returns.

Robert

See words in bold font. :D

My lawyer thinks Income will not be a problem as I have pay stubs for new Job's ( got 4 jobs....no I dont sleep...:P) and by the time the interview comes I should have good looking W-2's and tax returns.

Robert

You have 4 jobs which total to $24,000? That's an average of... ok... you can do the math too :P

I'm glad your lawyer feels no problems... ask him if there is a guarantee with that feeling :D

A VO might wonder what happens if one or even two jobs feel a pinch and let you go... Again, the fulltime, stable, permanent nature is what you need to focus on documenting, IMO. good luck.

You really think there is a problem? My Main Job is School bus driver. I make about 2000 a month doing that. But is is for 9.5 months of the year. I have a letter from my job stating I work 40 hours a week and what my pay rate is I am hoping the VO will look at that and accept it. I also Deliver Pizza 2-4 nights a week and get about 250.00 a month in checks Plus Tips. Then I have a Job where I do Security patrols and trash pickup for the condo complex where I own my condo.

I am worried now. I have no bills other then my Condo payment, Internet, Direct TV and Cellphone bill and all those are less then 750.00 total.

For the number of people I go off of on the poverity guidelines I have Hui, myself and my son I put as a partial dependant.

Do you think the VO will accept all the letters I have from my employers? Lol I have started overclaming my tips on my nightly pizza delivery job to make up for the ones I did not report earlier this year...:D

Robert

You really think there is a problem? My Main Job is School bus driver. I make about 2000 a month doing that. But is is for 9.5 months of the year. I have a letter from my job stating I work 40 hours a week and what my pay rate is I am hoping the VO will look at that and accept it. I also Deliver Pizza 2-4 nights a week and get about 250.00 a month in checks Plus Tips. Then I have a Job where I do Security patrols and trash pickup for the condo complex where I own my condo.

I am worried now. I have no bills other then my Condo payment, Internet, Direct TV and Cellphone bill and all those are less then 750.00 total.

For the number of people I go off of on the poverity guidelines I have Hui, myself and my son I put as a partial dependant.

Do you think the VO will accept all the letters I have from my employers? Lol I have started overclaming my tips on my nightly pizza delivery job to make up for the ones I did not report earlier this year...:D

Robert

Money talks - I figure that if you make less than $50,000 (just a number I made up) a year you need to take a look at your financial picture because it may cause them to take a closer look at yours.

Making "enough" may not be enough. Having multiple jobs to make up a shortfall may not look good.

Are you drawing Social Security? That may just put you over.

I don't mean to scare you - just do what you can, and go to the interview with what you have.

You really think there is a problem? ...

I am worried now.

This is a rational issue not an emotional one :rolleyes:

You need all the letters you can get... but it should not be confusing. I might be inclined to do a 'cover' letter which easily in a tabular manner shows the income from which employment; then see letters for detail.

I think randy and I are trying to 'think' some of it through from a historical perspective of interviews we've seen over the last 4 years and what any VO may consider too;

Clear documentation is always best. But the 'picture' formed in the VOs mind as to your financial situation could differ VO to VO. So, this area needs to be clear.

But... be careful of offering too much info; best to let the VO 'drive' the interview; Most likely they ask for the I-134 (or taxes). This will show lump sum totals which may satisfy them. BUt your SO should be ready to say there is more supporting information if the VO appears to start questioning something.

Getting a blue to explain more is not a big deal, IMO... if the VO feels it's not clear enough in the few minutes they may only want to spend on reviewing the documentation, just make sure your SO is aware this is always possible. Blue usually just means they want more time or more documentation.

Robert you are bringing Chinese wife here, financial support/stability is very important to her

I know what it means to bring her here. I do not need to make a ton of money because I have been good with my planning. I have Zero credit card bills. I have a house payment of less then 450.00 a month. I have no car payment. I wonder if they take that in to consideration?

I am not rich by any means but I do not live above my means.