P-3 Pit Crew update (11/6)

Did anybody get lucky yesterday??????

I got unlucky yesterday. Found out the GZ sent the P3 to the wrong address. I've now given them the correct address (again), so Jingwen is still waiting for the actual receipt. Maybe in the next few days I can change my timeline to reflect receipt of the P3.

Good news! I received an e-mail from GZ late last night telling me our P3 was sent to Minglian yesterday. Here's the e-mail response.

"Dear Petitioner

We have received the petition filed on your wife's behalf, and we sent the instruction packet to her address yesterday. We hope she will receive it soon.

sincerely yours

immigrant visa unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958"

It was sent to her yesterday, November 6. Guangzhou to Shenzhen. Maybe she'll have it tomorrow or Monday.

Good news!  I received an e-mail from GZ late last night telling me our P3 was sent to Minglian yesterday.  Here's the e-mail response.

"Dear Petitioner

We have received the petition filed on your wife's behalf, and we sent the instruction packet to her address yesterday.  We hope she will receive it soon.

sincerely yours

immigrant visa unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958"

It was sent to her yesterday, November 6.  Guangzhou to Shenzhen.  Maybe she'll have it tomorrow or Monday.

Congratulations and Good luck on a speedy interview....!!!!!

I got unlucky yesterday.  Found out the GZ sent the P3 to the wrong address.  I've now given them the correct address (again), so Jingwen is still waiting for the actual receipt.  Maybe in the next few days I can change my timeline to reflect receipt of the P3.

Sorry to hear it.. I had CaiYun call them yesterday to verify the address (I have this strange feeling I wrote a "0" instead of a "4"). GZ told her that they have no record of our file. Now, I'm not too worried as I've seen this type of inconsistency amongst the people in that office before, but I had to deal with a panicked fiancee early this morning.

So, today, I'm going to send another letter to them, making sure they have the correct address, and including a copy of the e-mail they sent me earlier. I'll let you know how it turns out, but I don't expect to hear from them until at least Tuesday.

B & M: Congrats! Its nice to finally see some progress.. Now hopefully they haven't forced a delay in interviews upon themselves..

K-3 should have the medical forms in the packet. Don't wait for anything, just fill the out the necessary forms and get them returned to GZ to secure a place in the P-4 line. You will have at least a couple of months until the interview to get everything together.

Does this mean I should go ahead and send in my DS-230, OF-169 and Supplemental form even before receiving the P3? I was going to wait until we received the P3 just in case they sprung any "surprises" on us.. btw, when I got e-mail from them, the subject line included the same GZ number I originally sent them (fyi, for the other thread :))..

i called the state dept this morning (11/07) and found out they mailed our P3 on 11/04

our timeline:

INS received petition April 3, 2003

INS to NVC (1 NOA) August 6, 2003

NVC to GZ (2 NOA- that never actually came) September 15, 2003

DHL cleared in GZ October 23, 2003

GZ entered in computer October 28, 2003

Mailed P3 November 4, 2003

waiting to receive P3....

kimnjake

i called the state dept this morning (11/07) and found out they mailed our P3 on 11/04

our timeline:

INS received petition April 3, 2003

INS to NVC (1 NOA) August 6, 2003

NVC to GZ (2 NOA- that never actually came) September 15, 2003

DHL cleared in GZ October 23, 2003

GZ entered in computer October 28, 2003

Mailed P3 November 4, 2003

waiting to receive P3....

kimnjake

very good news indeed, and welcome to Candle