QQ Issues

Does anyone out there consider themselves a QQ expert?

My wife has QQ2009 installed on her Dell laptop (Vista). I have the same program on my Dell tower (Xp).

We have no problem doing audio calls in both the USA and China.

The video calls to China are very sparodic. Sometimes they work sometimes they do not.

Usually my wife's friends and family can see and hear her and she can see them, but she can not hear them. Sometimes they can not hear her either.

The folks in China test their video systems out by contacting each other. No problem for China-to-China video calls. Same here in US, no problem with US-to-US video calls.

The audio calls always work.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going here and how I can resolve it?

Thank you,

We use QQ between the US and China. I have Vista and she has XP.

At times we have to close the video and restart but for the most part works ok.

Try playing around with your audio and video settings. I had to do that when I first set it up. I also changed some Audio settings in the control panel.........dont remember what I did.

the one thing I have realized is that when you make the intial connection and if music does not play then the audio will be a problem.

We wre on Yahoo, instead of QQ, but I had to slow my video update rate down to 3 seconds so we could have a consistent connection.

It just depends on the network speed between here and there, and whether it is consistent

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/qq.com

"In our tests, we found downloads on this site that some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs."

Yes - and it's a real pain to get rid of, but it can be done. It places an add-on in your browser that will try to download itself, and start-up services that try to do the same. So even if your virus scanner can delete it, it may just restore itself.

A couple of things I can think of:

Of all the firewalls that are out there ZoneAlarm has the biggest footprint (uses a lot of memory/cpu to run)

Try disabling zonealarm when you are using QQ and see if it helps.

Look in your control panel to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is then having 2 firewalls running at the same time can also cause problems.

Just be carefull if you diable zonealarm as your computer will be vulnerable during that time

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/qq.com

"In our tests, we found downloads on this site that some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs."

QQ is a legitimate program that "some people consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs". Your virus scanner may or may not reecognize it as such.

You can install it or not, as you see fit. Now try to remove it.

Does anyone out there consider themselves a QQ expert?

My wife has QQ2009 installed on her Dell laptop (Vista). I have the same program on my Dell tower (Xp).

We have no problem doing audio calls in both the USA and China.

The video calls to China are very sparodic. Sometimes they work sometimes they do not.

Usually my wife's friends and family can see and hear her and she can see them, but she can not hear them. Sometimes they can not hear her either.

The folks in China test their video systems out by contacting each other. No problem for China-to-China video calls. Same here in US, no problem with US-to-US video calls.

The audio calls always work.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is going here and how I can resolve it?

Thank you,

I love those little candies.