Two year multiple-entry visa to China

I have a 2-year mutiple entry visa to China. But it expires this month. When I inquired at a travel agency, they told me the Chinese Consulate only grants 1 year multiple visa now. Even the Visa Application Form on the Consulate website no longer lists 2 year mutiple entry visa as an option.

So I am wondering if anyone here has recently got a 2 year multiple entry visa and how? I read David got a 2 year visa, but how?

Thanks

Try contacting this agency China Visa Service Center. They are out of Huston I believe 1-800-799-6560

This is the place I got my recent one - 1 year - Mulitple entries - 90 days each. They said 2 year - Bu Xing! (impossible)

I literally just got one... from MyChinaVisa.com

It's not listed on the consulate sheet but it is on their application sheet.

They are the same place - they are located about 5 minutes south of us. I went to their office last time we went to China. It takes a minute to find somebody when you walk in their office - they are obviously geared to mail order.

I was happy - they saved me a couple of trips downtown at the odd hours that the consulate keeps

Next time, I'll take my marriage license and see if I can't get one of those

We walked into the Chicago Consulate, and all I needed to show for the 2 year visa was the "RED BOOK", I asked for 90 day stays and they, complied with my request. They made a copy of the red book, for my file. She said I would not need it the next time I applied for the visa, but I will bring it with just in case. I think you just need to send your "RED BOOK" or other Marriage Certificate and a request for the 2 year visa, along with your passport, and they will give you 2 years. Be sure to ask for 90 day stays. Good Luck, Mike and Yizhen

I got this visa in April "09".

Guest Wuhan4me

I got a new set of everything in February - new passport, new visa.

When I went to the China Consulate in Houston - I took the new passport, the old passport copies (showing all the stamps) and the marriage (red book) and got a 2 year, 120 day duration visa.

But that was in February.. No idea of 'current' stuff.

I have a 2-year mutiple entry visa to China. But it expires this month. When I inquired at a travel agency, they told me the Chinese Consulate only grants 1 year multiple visa now. Even the Visa Application Form on the Consulate website no longer lists 2 year mutiple entry visa as an option.

So I am wondering if anyone here has recently got a 2 year multiple entry visa and how? I read David got a 2 year visa, but how?

Thanks

I applied in late May, my wife sent me an invitation letter, copy of her hukou, a copy of her ID card and copy of our marriage certificate which I included with my application, I got the two year multiple entry visa.

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago consulate only would give me one year 90 day one mostly I had one trip to China. Now after 3 trips I bet they would give me a 2 year, I won't renew this one though wife is moving here soon, and next time I visit I want a fresh one

My daughter and I just got our passports back yesterday from Chicago with 2 year, 90 day visas. I had Jianli write a letter asking for it and why we needed it. We sent a cover letter and a listing of our supporting documents. Everything was hand written in Chinese.

Jeff & Jianli

Edited by Jeff USC (see edit history)

My daughter and I just got our passports back yesterday from Chicago with 2 year, 90 day visas. I had Jianli write a letter asking for it and why we needed it. We sent a cover letter and a listing of our supporting documents. Everything was hand written in Chinese.

Jeff & Jianli

Did you go to the Consulate yourself or have some travel agency apply on your behalf?

Thanks

I applied a visa for my daughter through Pasiasia.com. It was a two year multiple entry. If I don't remember wrong, it only cost about 20 dollors more than the 1 year visa.

The visa was granted end of May or beginning of June this year.

The application form didn't have 2-year option. We just wrote it in. :lol: And it worked.