Hi I havent posted in awhile

I had filed a K1 that was denied in December for non bonafide. I have since married and filed a cr1 on May 5th. I did not cancel my K1 however I did recive an letter form the USCIS and an email on June 16th they both say the same thing but a little different wording. Here is what the email said

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 13, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

I did not get a request for additional information However on July 30th I recived this email from USCIS the letter has not showed up yet

Current Status: Denial Notice Sent

On July 30, 2009, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you.

It was not Notice of Decision to tell me it expired but notice of denial that they denied it. I was never sent a NOIR or a request for more information. This was threw the California Service Center. Has anybody else experience this?

Very worried :lol: :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had filed a K1 that was denied in December for non bonafide. I have since married and filed a cr1 on May 5th. I did not cancel my K1 however I did recive an letter form the USCIS and an email on June 16th they both say the same thing but a little different wording. Here is what the email said

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On March 13, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you.

I did not get a request for additional information However on July 30th I recived this email from USCIS the letter has not showed up yet

On July 30, 2009, we mailed you a denial decision notice for this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). The notice explains why the denial decision was made and the options that may be available to you.

It was not Notice of Decision to tell me it expired but notice of denial that they denied it. I was never sent a NOIR or a request for more information. This was threw the California Service Center. Has anybody else experience this?

Very worried :lol: :lol:

I received the email that USCIS had my k-1 which was denied back in August of 08 stating the same thing they will review the k-1 and let us know their decision. I never received the second email you got nor a letter, so I guess they are still reviewing our k-1, however they seem to send out the email and it does take a few days after that, the 30 of July was just Thursday, so depending what state you live in the letter may not arrive until next week. I also went back to China and married my fiancee in 2008 and sent in an I-130 which is now at the NVC. Still no word email or otherwise on our K-1.

Very worried :( :o

I received the email that USCIS had my k-1 which was denied back in August of 08 stating the same thing they will review the k-1 and let us know their decision. I never received the second email you got nor a letter, so I guess they are still reviewing our k-1, however they seem to send out the email and it does take a few days after that, the 30 of July was just Thursday, so depending what state you live in the letter may not arrive until next week. I also went back to China and married my fiancee in 2008 and sent in an I-130 which is now at the NVC. Still no word email or otherwise on our K-1.

I received the letter that say they will review it, a letter that said it is closed due to expired K1 don't get look at, then one that said they are transfering it to a local office because the local office has judridiction over the case. NO idea where this is going either.

Have you filed for CR1 or get it approve yet?

I received the letter that say they will review it, a letter that said it is closed due to expired K1 don't get look at, then one that said they are transfering it to a local office because the local office has judridiction over the case. NO idea where this is going either.

Have you filed for CR1 or get it approve yet?

I filed the CR1 in may but I am still waiting for approval they are currently working on approving aprils now. I think I will be ok but either way but if she does get banned I can live with her family in Vietnam. I was thinking of working here till I had about 20k saved up that should last us a few years until I can land a decent job over there but Tran tells me that since I am over 40 I will have a hard time finding work because they look for people under 40. I guess in Vietnam the can discriminate because of your age.

Very worried :romantic: :signthankspin:

I have recieved a letter from Vermont Service center. The letter basically says that since we are married so the K-1 case is no longer applicable and they will not review the denial of our K-1 case. The case will just remain on their file.

I replied to re-affirm that it's correct that our CR-1 is pending so the K-1 is no longer applicable.

We didn't tell them we are married, they simply found out from our approved CR-1 case.

Steve & Mei

Guest Wuhan4me

Well, I am greatly confused...

Reading your prior posts, it almost seems that you've engaged M.E. to handle stuff.

If you've actually engaged him, then he would have done something when you received the first notice.

If you've not engaged him to handle stuff, then I am even more confused.

Cases for Vietnam have a different flavour, M.E. knows all about this stuff. What has he told you in the last 60 days?

I got one of those emails the same day you did:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=508148

I wouldn't worry about it. More than likely it is because of expiration which is what the letter will say. This is the second time they have done this to me. :huh:

Do you remember if the first one said Noticie of Denial or Notice of Decision?? Also when you got the letter in the mail on the first one did it say it expired??

The only things they can actually do at that point are to revoke the approval of the original petition (they would most likely notify you of the hearing), or reaffirm the petition and send it back to GUZ.

Letting it expire doesn't require any action on their part

I wouldn't worry about it. More than likely it is because of expiration which is what the letter will say. This is the second time they have done this to me. :huh:

Do you remember if the first one said Noticie of Denial or Notice of Decision?? Also when you got the letter in the mail on the first one did it say it expired??

The first letter said the petition had expired. The email said "denial decision." Again, I would not let this worry you as I got the same email at the same time you did and my wife is already here.

I will bet that the second letter will say the same. Why else would they send me 2 letters within a couple of months and the first letter saying that the case was expired?

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

The first letter said the petition had expired. The email said "denial decision." Again, I would not let this worry you as I got the same email at the same time you did and my wife is already here.

I have not been able to sleep since I got the email and I don't think I will be able to sleep until I get the letter so I hope it gets here by tommorow(how many days did it take you to get the letter?) I don't think I can stay awake much longer. I dont think your first email would said denial decision maybe it was notice of decision and the second was same as me notice of denial. If my wife was here I wouldn't worry about it either because I wouldn't let anybody seperate us.

The only things they can actually do at that point are to revoke the approval of the original petition (they would most likely notify you of the hearing), or reaffirm the petition and send it back to GUZ.

Letting it expire doesn't require any action on their part

All I know is that I got a NOD email and I'm waiting on the letter. Not sure what my options are but if its an actually NOD and not something saying my petition has expired or something saying since you are married and filed a CR1 the K1 is invalid I am basically in a bind here. With a NOD on my wifes file she will not be able to get the visa so I have to make plans on giving up everything here and moving there. The did not reafirm the petition and send it back and if they had a hearing I would be there if they let me. The thing is even if they said it was denied in error and send it back to Ho Chi Minh it will not help us because we are married now and she will have to wait on a CR1 interview and visa. I wish they would have sent a NOIR or NOID instead of just sending out a NOD. The only thing I can think of is if my old attorny canceled my K1 without me knowing about it and without my permission.

From a USCIS FAQ on Returned Petitions quoted by Marc Ellis

Once returned, a USCIS officer will review the petition and DOS¡¯s

findings, and may either:

• Find that the petition is not revocable and return the petition to DOS with an explanation

of the decision not to revoke the petition;

• Issue a Notice of Intent to Revoke to the petitioner; or, if warranted,

• Issue a Notice of Automatic Revocation to the petitioner.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37885

What you are saying doesn't fit in with this memo

I have recieved a letter from Vermont Service center. The letter basically says that since we are married so the K-1 case is no longer applicable and they will not review the denial of our K-1 case. The case will just remain on their file.

I replied to re-affirm that it's correct that our CR-1 is pending so the K-1 is no longer applicable.

We didn't tell them we are married, they simply found out from our approved CR-1 case.

Steve & Mei

Seems like you got your answer here

Very worried :( :o

Steve & Mei

I guess I'm a little confused you said was the CR1 pending or approved when they sent you the notice? You stated it was pedning but they found out from your approved CR1.

My CR1 has not been approved yet they have had it since may 5th.

Did you get a notice of denial letter or email?