Strange stories from 001

I highly doubt if the stories are true.

Given the ease for foreign guys (even the butt ugly ones) to get girls in China, I can't forsee (unless it was a Chinese guy) why a foreign guy would need to resort to these tactics.

Most foreign guys have the problem of fighting off local females in China.

Guest Wuhan4me

I'm thinking it's not a US Citizen doing this, but a PRC person. Lots of people in the scene and behind the scenes are NOT US Citizens, working in/for the GUZ IV unit. Tell your ladies to take photos if they actually meet up, send via postal mailto IV unit address at Shamian Island (after have visa in hand, of course).

Yikes.

Double Yikes...

As if the interview day itself is not enough worry and brain pain, now it's IV workers trying to 'get some' ..... sheesh...

I seem to remember a post or two here about a paperwork screener trying to get dates whilst 'checking the paperwork', but thats been what, - 2003? 2002? (sorry, i didn't clip the url for reference ).

I, for one, believe evry bit of the OP's story....When my wife interviewed one year, there was a young man having coffee with us while the interviews were taking place and when his fiancee' returned with a blue slip (which none of us that were waiting were surprised at because of them lacking certain documentation), his fiancee' told us that after the VO had interviewed her, he (the VO) asked if she would accompany him to dinner that evening!..I don't recall him offering any special handling with her case in exchange for this, but I thought it certainly takes a lot of gall to ask someone out for dinner right after denying them their visa.

I, for one, believe evry bit of the OP's story....When my wife interviewed one year, there was a young man having coffee with us while the interviews were taking place and when his fiancee' returned with a blue slip (which none of us that were waiting were surprised at because of them lacking certain documentation), his fiancee' told us that after the VO had interviewed her, he (the VO) asked if she would accompany him to dinner that evening!..I don't recall him offering any special handling with her case in exchange for this, but I thought it certainly takes a lot of gall to ask someone out for dinner right after denying them their visa.

Wow, That would be very interesting. If I was that girl I would say sure see you downstair and get someone to kick his big behind.

Edited by flowers (see edit history)

Unfortunately it is true. I know one CFL member who came to me for advice about it. I have copies of the blue slips in order to help identify the VO. He is not a Chinese employee but a white adjucating officer. With the help of another it was brought to the attention of GZ. Since I was sworn to secrecy I couldn't reveal the name of the beneficiary so I cropped the blue slip to only show enough information that they could identify the VO. In short we were told that unless the beneficiary would come forward and make a complaint they didn't believe us. After a few months the blue slip was overcome and a visa issued. The VO was calling her from a prepaid cell phone and trying to buy her gifts and take her out to dinner. He repeatedly was telling her how poor her fianc¨¦e is and how much more he could offer her.

Unfortunately it is true. I know one CFL member who came to me for advice about it. I have copies of the blue slips in order to help identify the VO. He is not a Chinese employee but a white adjucating officer. With the help of another it was brought to the attention of GZ. Since I was sworn to secrecy I couldn't reveal the name of the beneficiary so I cropped the blue slip to only show enough information that they could identify the VO. In short we were told that unless the beneficiary would come forward and make a complaint they didn't believe us. After a few months the blue slip was overcome and a visa issued. The VO was calling her from a prepaid cell phone and trying to buy her gifts and take her out to dinner. He repeatedly was telling her how poor her fianc¨¦e is and how much more he could offer her.

This is sad. If I was her I would record this phone call and send it into GUZ and DOS. Also there are people who they beneficiary could hire to beat this person up. It sad the way the treated peoples fiance or wife.

This is sad. If I was her I would record this phone call and send it into GUZ and DOS. Also there are people who they beneficiary could hire to beat this person up. It sad the way the treated peoples fiance or wife.

This is sick!!! I would fly to China just to beat the **** out

of this scum bag!!! DOS needs to fire this Ahole!!

Edited by kodokanron (see edit history)

A cultural difference I suspect. In China this kind of corruption of a government official wouldn't be all that unusual. I suspect the Chinese victim wasn't all that surprised about it. After she got the visa she didn't want to pursue it. Personally I'm outraged but more so by GZ's response than the fact it happened.

Some people are useless wasters of good oxygen who should be taken outside and had that Saigon cop walk up to them and put a cap in their cap, so to speak.

tsap seui