First Blue then Pink all in One Day!!!! Now Visa Cance

The following is an update on my earlier post.

After getting through the single paper issue at her interview (as previously reported), we received pink and I returned stateside. We got the call that the passport/papers were ready for pickup. Yi retrieves them and sees the visa in her passport with a stamp "Cancelled without Prejudice" and other ugly black markings on it (but you could see the visa was issued on 7-24-09, being the day after the interview). She also gets a "Walk In" Paper, requesting that she deliver on any Monday through Wedensday between noon and 2 p.m. The only thing requested is for her to bring in yet another (this will be her third single paper submitted in connection with the petition!) certified single paper and her passport, which she will do this coming Monday. It goes on to say that a decision on her visa will be ready in two business days.

Anyone have any experience in dealing with these issues? It seems more like a late blue than anything else, which will be easily resolved.

Eric

My earlier post explained how this situation arose, which is that the government worker who prepared all of the white books for Yi failed make sure that she signed all three of the single certificate books. Unforntuately for her, that unsigned one was given at the interview first and then later, after realizing she had two, she then gave a fully executed single certificate book, resulting in the pink being issued.

Well after the visa was issued, someone determined it would be best to cancel her visa and have her bring in a new fully executed single certificate book. The inference is that she never had a proper single certificate and simply signed the second one at the interview, which would be impossible as her thumb print was also on the second, properly executed single paper.

This is a K-1 visa. She was divorced years ago and has a son who lives with her father, who is not going to the US. She also submitted divorce white books, so being married at this time is NOT an issue. This seems to be more of a paper chase than anything else.

Regarding the Call-In Letter, it is Form GUZ-LF1 with the box under "Your immigrant (or K) visa application will be approved once you submit the following ... need new unmarried certificate." This will be another trip to GUZ, wait for approval, go back to pay EMS fee, wait some more for visa to be placed in passport, etc. etc. I need to get off this merrygoround!

Eric

My earlier post explained how this situation arose, which is that the government worker who prepared all of the white books for Yi failed make sure that she signed all three of the single certificate books. Unforntuately for her, that unsigned one was given at the interview first and then later, after realizing she had two, she then gave a fully executed single certificate book, resulting in the pink being issued.

Well after the visa was issued, someone determined it would be best to cancel her visa and have her bring in a new fully executed single certificate book. The inference is that she never had a proper single certificate and simply signed the second one at the interview, which would be impossible as her thumb print was also on the second, properly executed single paper.

This is a K-1 visa. She was divorced years ago and has a son who lives with her father, who is not going to the US. She also submitted divorce white books, so being married at this time is NOT an issue. This seems to be more of a paper chase than anything else.

Regarding the Call-In Letter, it is Form GUZ-LF1 with the box under "Your immigrant (or K) visa application will be approved once you submit the following ... need new unmarried certificate." This will be another trip to GUZ, wait for approval, go back to pay EMS fee, wait some more for visa to be placed in passport, etc. etc. I need to get off this merrygoround!

Eric

They have no regard whatsoever for the inconvenience this places on your life.

But, congratulations in advance

After submitting another single paper on Monday and having to repay the interview fee on Tuesday (the original receipt was given at interview, later misplaced and we could got give the other duplicate receipt because it is with me in the US), Yi finally received pink --- again. Passport with visa picked up on Friday without any issues.

I think I am finally off the merrygoround!

Eric

After submitting another single paper on Monday and having to repay the interview fee on Tuesday (the original receipt was given at interview, later misplaced and we could got give the other duplicate receipt because it is with me in the US), Yi finally received pink --- again. Passport with visa picked up on Friday without any issues.

Eric

:P :harhar1: congratulations!!!! :CopBust: :roller:

Tom and Ling

Guest Wuhan4me

Eric

That was super quick !!!

Congratulations !!!!

Eric

This is beyond amazing. One would assume they would have the cognitive powers to realize that the interview fee would have had to have been paid in order to have had the interview. They lose the record so you have to pay. Well it's all behind you now. Get her home and start your life together. Congratulations.

Unknown to anyone here, I am a lawyer who specializes in complex litigation on very significant matters in addition to a prior career as a CFO, who also retained an immigration lawyer for this process. Yi's papers were perfect, with duplicates of everything in her "kitchen sink" and CD-Rom copies of documents, emails, videos, etc. etc. for her interview. The fact that government workers all over the world, even in this country, cannot process paper without incident should be of no surprise to anyone. How a file can be such a "yo yo" here and a "yo yo" there is beyond belief, but should be anticipated given the large volume of paper that goes through GUZ every day. Once a "bump in the road" is encountered, you never know where it will end. My time working in the judicial system was nothing like this and these errors reflect poorly on the US and its people. If the government spends so much time on a paper chase like this, how can real visa fraud be uncovered?

My only suggestion here is to be patient with our workers in the consulate and only believe they will give the proper attention to your file as if it was their own family member at issue. From my experience, the government workers at GUZ did exactly that, even with our limited issues from lost, incorrect, and misplaced papers in the visa process through no fault of Yi or myself.

If we all try to make their job easier, everyone will benefit in the long run. Good luck and best regards to everyone in this visa process.

Yi and E

THis is the government handling our marriages. Now imagine them handling our HEALTH CARE. What a joke that would be.