P3 has the same GUZ # as NVC assigned?

Those who got P3 recently said they have the same GUZ # as NVC assigned before. Is it true?  :lol:

I heard rumors of the same thing, GZ now uses the same NVC issued number....but I wouldn't know for sure because.... I DIDN"T GET MY P3 YET.................. :lol:

honey, we will get it soon.It got to be our turn and my friends who got p3 lately told me their GUZ number now same as the one NVC issued

What are the NNN numbers in GUZ 2003 NNN 123?

Mine is 578, what's that mean? I haven't got P3 yet. That 578 is what NVC assigned.

The NNN segment in case numbers is normally the julian date, meaning it can not be greater than 366. Until now, the NVC number would always be greater than 366 and the one assigned by GZ would be 366 or less. So, now I'm stumped unless NVC received your petition about April 1st or August 1st.

My GUZ# doesnt end at 123, it ends with 108! Ya reckon that is the diffrence between a K3 and a K1?

Patrick

What are the NNN numbers in GUZ 2003 NNN 123?

Mine is 578, what's that mean? I haven't got P3 yet. That 578 is what NVC assigned.

The NNN segment in case numbers is normally the julian date, meaning it can not be greater than 366. Until now, the NVC number would always be greater than 366 and the one assigned by GZ would be 366 or less. So, now I'm stumped unless NVC received your petition about April 1st or August 1st.

My GUZ# doesnt end at 123, it ends with 108! Ya reckon that is the diffrence between a K3 and a K1?

Patrick

I could never get that julian date thing to pan out with those three digits. The "2003" is obvious and the last three digits I was told were the number of cases handled for the day, ex: 078 would mean the 78th case handled that day. But who really knows???...... :rolleyes:

Case Number explained - Taken from DOS awhile ago:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) gives each immigrant petition a case number. This number has three letters followed by ten digits (numbers). The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, GUZ for Guangzhou, CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2001747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2001 is the year in which NVC received the case from the BCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2001, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day."

Clear as mud? ;-)

Not sure if it mean anything in the overall scheme of things, but interesting nontheless...

The digits tell us exactly when NVC created the case. For example a case with the number MNL2001747003 would be a case assigned to the U.S. Embassy in Manila. 2001 is the year in which NVC received the case from the BCIS (formerly INS). The Julian date is 747 plus 500, so this case was created on September 4, 2001, the 247th day of the year. The 003 shows that it was the third case created for Manila on that day."

That makes senses!!! So mine was created on March 19 correct! My case was approved by BCIS on March 12. But should be minus 500... :o

That makes senses!!! So mine was created on March 19 correct! My case was approved by BCIS on March 12. But should be minus 500... :D

Karen, I agree with you. It should read "minus" not plus. Our case number is GUZ2003577xxx. 577 less 500 is 77 and that does correspond to the March 18 date received by NVC.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Joe. Not that how assigned numbers are determined matter all that much but it is still good to know how it is NVC came up with them. From what I've read on Candle, and if I'm remembering correctly, the GZ acknowledged date simply uses the Julian date and doesn't add the 500 as does NVC.

Bob

Case Number explained - Taken from DOS awhile ago:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) gives each immigrant petition a case number. This number has three letters followed by ten digits (numbers). The three letters are an abbreviation for the overseas embassy or consulate that will process the immigrant visa case (for example, GUZ for Guangzhou, CDJ for Ciudad Juarez).

Clear as mud? ;-)

Not sure if it mean anything in the overall scheme of things, but interesting nontheless...

really cool!