Interview in Chinese

Many have posted that they had interviews in Chinese and had no problems.

It many consider providing evidence that both Petitioner and Benificiary do share a common language, or can communicate.

I had my wife interview in English, and instructed her to ask the VO to repeat any questions asked in Chinese if she did not understand the question.

Yu was an English teacher in China, and this was indicated on her paperwork, so it would have been questioned if she did NOT interview in English.

I asked a couple of times for my fiancee to have her interview in Chinese due to being expectedly nervous....

Also devoted some time in our notarized EOR from ACS on how we communicated being as honest and accurate as possible....

Even asked by the Vice Consul to rate my fiancee from 1 to 10 on her level of English speaking ability.

Told her simply that it would be hard to rate, but we communicated easily especially since she could understand well although speaking was more challlenging.

Did not have the same VO from ACH. Had a female VO that decided to conduct the whole interview in English...

Bill's wife Li Hong had the same VO from ACH, but she also had her entire interview in English....

She most likely is going to have to demonstrate that she can speak and understand English unless you share Chinese.

Also did the folded EOR in passport presentation with a recent family photo and that all went very well....

The VO was very impressed and liked it, but she also used it to ask Mei pointed questions directly from the information in the EOR.

So it will depend on the VO. But as been clearly indicated so many times the common language situation is something that GUZ really looks at seriously........of course, each case is unique and each VO may interpret a little differently

Have anyone ask to do the interview in Chinese? Would this affect the chances for a pink? I am just curious since it look like we have a new set of VO.

Joe

She did English but ... I stressed to my wife that if she was in doubt about anything to ask for the question again in Chinese. Same thing for her response... if the English is difficult to compile the answer then answer the question in Chinese.

As long as she can prove that the two of you have no difficulties with communications then everything should be fine.

In short, English is not required for the interview but the ability of the couple to communicate is. (At least we're past the days of providing video tape of the couple talking to each other.)

Good Luck!

Have anyone ask to do the interview in Chinese? Would this affect the chances for a pink? I am just curious since it look like we have a new set of VO.

Joe

Hey Joe,

I asked for my wife to have interview in Chinese at ACH when i went,and the VO said not a problem,but did ask me lots of questions on how we communicate.So make sure your girl brings plenty of evidence of communication.My wife had her interview(second interview)in June. they asked her 3 questions in Chinese ,and got pink.It seems things have changed a bit at Guz,as far as VO's go,when i went to ACH,while waiting for my number,all the VOs seemed to be decent,only one(a female)next to the window i was at,was giving someone a hard time(she seemed unpleasant).

jimi

Also did the folded EOR in passport presentation with a recent family photo and that all went very well....

The VO was very impressed and liked it, but she also used it to ask Mei pointed questions directly from the information in the EOR.

So it will depend on the VO. But as been clearly indicated so many times the common language situation is something that GUZ really looks at seriously........of course, each case is unique and each VO may interpret a little differently

Yeah,my wife did the same stuck the relationship letter in passport,and yes....if you do this,make sure your girl knows everything in the letter,for us..they asked my wife about my passport......"did you know your husband has been to Russia in the past?and my wife told them why i went to Russia. Also in my relationship letter,i spent much time on how we communicate,and i was honest,i said my wife and i speak,some english,some chinese,hand held translator,sign langauge,whatever it took to communicate,weve done it,i told them my wife was going to english school,and we practiced her english on Yahoo/skype 4 nights a week.

The VO i had at ACH was happy to hear my wife was going to english school,so i think if you can show you two are communicating,you should be fine.