Is a call-in letter good news?

I called DOS this morning and was told that my wife was sent a call-in letter on the 13th. I am assming that this is to explain to her what steps she need to take to get her visa. Is this the standard procedure after receiving "The Blue slip"?

A few posts about call in letters.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32883

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31236

Tends to be about turning in passport so that they can put a visa in it.

• 4 months later...

My fiance just turned in his passport and call-in letter today... they said to come back tomorrow afternoon and pick up "the results." I'm assuming that either he gets a pink paper tomorrow and then has to turn that in somewhere too or else he actually gets the visa tomorrow?! Can some tell me how that all works? Someone told me that because we live in Guilin they won't be willing to EMS the visa to us, and he has to wait a couple days in GUZ to pick up the visa, is that correct?

I'd say it's good news if they asked for his passport, wouldn't cha say? :clapping:

You can never assume anything with GUZ, we have seen others with "call in letters" before get futher delays, but generally its good for getting visa

Guz does not post visa to most provinces

You can never assume anything with GUZ, we have seen others with "call in letters" before get futher delays, but generally its good for getting visa

Okay so basically he won't be getting the visa tomorrow when he goes back... he said they told him to come back at 2:30 tomorrow for the result, so after I've done some more searching on here, I'm assuming that the result will be the PINK, and he'll have to stay on in GUZ to wait to pick up the visa there. Bummer, I miss him :clapping: :clapping:

Okay so basically he won't be getting the visa tomorrow when he goes back... he said they told him to come back at 2:30 tomorrow for the result, so after I've done some more searching on here, I'm assuming that the result will be the PINK, and he'll have to stay on in GUZ to wait to pick up the visa there. Bummer, I miss him :) :P

When they ask for his passport, it's to put the visa in. Congrats.

Okay so basically he won't be getting the visa tomorrow when he goes back... he said they told him to come back at 2:30 tomorrow for the result, so after I've done some more searching on here, I'm assuming that the result will be the PINK, and he'll have to stay on in GUZ to wait to pick up the visa there. Bummer, I miss him :) :P

Correct! Call in letter asking for passport is to put a visa in, the other letters are another Blue-Slip requesting additional things, or a white slip for a denial, they don't call a person it only to hand them a blue or white.

Okay so basically he won't be getting the visa tomorrow when he goes back... he said they told him to come back at 2:30 tomorrow for the result, so after I've done some more searching on here, I'm assuming that the result will be the PINK, and he'll have to stay on in GUZ to wait to pick up the visa there. Bummer, I miss him :( :P

Question, my wife said there's nothing in her Chinese passport when she received it back from the consulate after approved for the CR-1. She was given a package and cover page with her information on it, it's that the visa? By the way, she waited four days to get those items after approving.

Okay so basically he won't be getting the visa tomorrow when he goes back... he said they told him to come back at 2:30 tomorrow for the result, so after I've done some more searching on here, I'm assuming that the result will be the PINK, and he'll have to stay on in GUZ to wait to pick up the visa there. Bummer, I miss him :( :P

Question, my wife said there's nothing in her Chinese passport when she received it back from the consulate after approved for the CR-1. She was given a package and cover page with her information on it, it's that the visa? By the way, she waited four days to get those items after approving.

Visa is glued inside passport.

Correct! Call in letter asking for passport is to put a visa in, the other letters are another Blue-Slip requesting additional things, or a white slip for a denial, they don't call a person it only to hand them a blue or white.

ummm..... I seem to remember a member posting not long ago about a delay after a call in asking for passport.

Should be a large 1 page stamp stuck to one page of passport, looks something like:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/70914/normal_ff.JPG

Should be a large 1 page stamp stuck to one page of passport, looks something like:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/albums/userpics/70914/normal_ff.JPG

Thanks, I will ask my wife about that tonight

Well I assume we're good to go since they did ask for his passport.

Xilan is driving there as I type. She drove there yesterday to drop off the passports and back today to "get the results". I really don't understand since she said it will be another 2-3 days to get it in the mail.

Todd