Call in Letter.... NOW WHAT??

Just recieved what I thought was going to be our much awaited acceptance letter only to find that it was just a piece of paper.

CALL IN LETTER

This letter implies one of the following three possible results for your visa application:

1. Congratulations.

2. your visa will be approved... we just need more information.

3. we need a second interview.

Well... #2 was checked with "NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE" also checked. Then beside that was a hand written note in CHINESE saying that IF you can come BEFORE October 13th than you can just get the visa... if you can't come before that then come with the new Police certificate.

Then it goes on to say that you should come on a Monday Tuesday or a Wednesday from 2 to 3pm to the Guangzhou Consulate and bring your wife's passport and this paper.

Then it goes on to say that you might need to "EMPOWER an AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE" and if you don't know about that... go and check this consulate website which had nothing I was looking for.

So my question is this:

1. Do we need to physically go to Guangzhou to do this...?

we're both working and all that....

2. How can we empower somebody?

3. Why isn't this information on the dang website?

4. Do the people on this website have the answer to my questions like they did before??

Thanks in advance...

Want to learn Chinese AND laugh at the same time?

check it out! A daily comic about China in English and Chinese!

Just recieved what I thought was going to be our much awaited acceptance letter only to find that it was just a piece of paper.

CALL IN LETTER

This letter implies one of the following three possible results for your visa application:

1. Congratulations.

2. your visa will be approved... we just need more information.

3. we need a second interview.

Well... #2 was checked with "NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE" also checked. Then beside that was a hand written note in CHINESE saying that IF you can come BEFORE October 13th than you can just get the visa... if you can't come before that then come with the new Police certificate.

Then it goes on to say that you should come on a Monday Tuesday or a Wednesday from 2 to 3pm to the Guangzhou Consulate and bring your wife's passport and this paper.

Then it goes on to say that you might need to "EMPOWER an AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE" and if you don't know about that... go and check this consulate website which had nothing I was looking for.

So my question is this:

1. Do we need to physically go to Guangzhou to do this...?

we're both working and all that....

2. How can we empower somebody?

3. Why isn't this information on the dang website?

4. Do the people on this website have the answer to my questions like they did before??

Thanks in advance...

Want to learn Chinese AND laugh at the same time?

check it out! A daily comic about China in English and Chinese!

congrats on the call-in letter.

1. no

2. hire an authorized representative to turn in your honey's call-in letter, passport, and g-28 to turn in these documents, receive the visa, and mail it to your honey. the g-28 empowers your rep.

3. don't know

4.i hope this info helps you.

1. no

2. hire an authorized representative to turn in your honey's call-in letter, passport, and g-28 to turn in these documents, receive the visa, and mail it to your honey. the g-28 empowers your rep.

3. don't know

thanks for your help.

couple follow-up questions:

1) where do i get a g-28?

2) how do i find an authorized representative?

3) do you have some information that i can contact with them?

4) can i trust these companies?

5) can we go down to guangzhou, go to the consulate between 2-3PM on a Monday, get one of those people to send the visa when it's available. head back to Shanghai that night? is that even possible? is that practical? we are both working.

1. no

3. don't know

thanks for your help.

couple follow-up questions:

1) where do i get a g-28?

2) how do i find an authorized representative?

3) do you have some information that i can contact with them?

4) can i trust these companies?

5) can we go down to guangzhou, go to the consulate between 2-3PM on a Monday, get one of those people to send the visa when it's available. head back to Shanghai that night? is that even possible? is that practical? we are both working.

1. from uscis website...just click on forms and scroll down to g-28.

2,3,4...not sure, maybe someone else can advise you.

5. i'm sure you can find an agent to help you should you decide to go there in person.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

"call-in letter" -- I've been looking everywhere for info on it-- this is the only place I've found anything.

My husband's interview was July 10. He was given a blue slip-- We answered that while still in guangzhou. We waited a month, got another blue slip and answered that over one month ago. Now we're waiting and haven't heard anything.

So, I decided to call the DOS visa office (here in the US) to get a glimpse of what's going on over in Guangzhou consulate-- and sure enough, they told me that "on September 17, they issued your husband a "call-in letter" which means they want him to come in for some reason.

Of course they couldn't/or wouldn't tell me what it's about...

And we still haven't found out.

So, your post on that "call-in letter" really let me understand what it is and what it could potentially say.

I'm now wondering why he hasn't gotten it yet.

We'll just keep our fingers crossed.

QUESTION: In what kind of situations do they ask the person to come in for another interview?

(given that - that may be one of the possibilities).

?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

"call-in letter" -- I've been looking everywhere for info on it-- this is the only place I've found anything.

My husband's interview was July 10. He was given a blue slip-- We answered that while still in guangzhou. We waited a month, got another blue slip and answered that over one month ago. Now we're waiting and haven't heard anything.

So, I decided to call the DOS visa office (here in the US) to get a glimpse of what's going on over in Guangzhou consulate-- and sure enough, they told me that "on September 17, they issued your husband a "call-in letter" which means they want him to come in for some reason.

Of course they couldn't/or wouldn't tell me what it's about...

And we still haven't found out.

So, your post on that "call-in letter" really let me understand what it is and what it could potentially say.

I'm now wondering why he hasn't gotten it yet.

We'll just keep our fingers crossed.

QUESTION: In what kind of situations do they ask the person to come in for another interview?

(given that - that may be one of the possibilities).

?

Thanks!

from what i have read a 2nd interview is rare. perhaps they would do a 2nd interview if they suspect fraud. maybe someone else will shed more lite. good luck!