EAD Card Arrives

We received my wife's EAD card in the mail just now. I have to say that card is pretty fancy and far more fancy than my California driver's license.

It has a mag stripe, 2 different bar codes, finger print, photo, information section, is plastic, has several security features and is pretty detailed.

There's also disclaimers all over saying how it is only to prove she can work here legally, isn't to be used as a re-entry device, can be taken back by USCIS, etc.

At least we can finally get her a SS number. We tried one month after she came into the US and went back 3x, but the SS office kept giving us grief and finally said it was too late to issue a card and we would have to wait for her immigration.

I'm really surprised and pleased at our biometrics and the speed of both AP and EAD documentation.

Will cross my fingers and hope the 2 year conditional green card is approved also and she should be fully documented soon.

Been carrying her Chinese ID and passport around for months because we really had no US documentation at all. Hated doing that because I'm paranoid I'd lose those docs, get robbed, etc.

Still, having her passport and our marriage certificate with us has saved us some hassles in various situations and this EAD card will hopefully serve as ID as well in many cases until she get's her own driver's license.

Congrats on your EAD. Yeah, I was very suprised how fancy it is. My hus is only carrying a color laminated copy of it in his wallet. We are leaving the actual at home,

since he is known for losing important things.............. :)

Congrats on your EAD.

My boys received their EAD cards on 13th of July and they are fancy, but they don't get to carry them because they WILL lose the cards and they don't need them anyways since the EAD cards are for getting their SS# and they are not going to work but go to school........... :D :P :P :D

Tom and Ling

Good News!!!!

We just sent our huge packet 7/13/2009 and also $1010 poorer!

I hope it goes as easy for us. We are in the SF Bay area. S. Bay actually. Thanks for the info.

That's cool. We're in the Bay Area as well near Oakland/SF. You guys should get the biometrics appointment in a few weeks and go in for the fingerprints/photo/signature.