Waiting P4, gathering the kitchen sink

I plan on going to China about 2 days before her interview date.

My question is, what did you use to file all the papers in and what worked best for her to find the papers in the interview and what was easy to carry on the plane.

Right now I have a hard shell box with a handle and separate hanging folders but have seen some people talk about the accordion type. I am an over achiever and think I will have about 75% more papers then what will even be needed or asked.

I plan on going to China about 2 days before her interview date.

My question is, what did you use to file all the papers in and what worked best for her to find the papers in the interview and what was easy to carry on the plane.

Right now I have a hard shell box with a handle and separate hanging folders but have seen some people talk about the accordion type. I am an over achiever and think I will have about 75% more papers then what will even be needed or asked.

whens your interview day???

congratulations...!!!!

:blink:

In our case All paperwork was neatly organized in a folder, I-134 on top, and other forms that will be asked for with the I-134, and a photo album that can flex to fit under the glass partition the interviewing officer sits behind.

We don't have a date yet. Just thinking of having the hanging type folders with all related papers inside, then she can slip the whole folder under the window. But then again, if they ask for one type of paper, why hand them the whole thing.

I don't know, I guess I need to look at my list and see just how many pockets I think I can get away with.

How big are the envelopes with her exams and x-rays. Will they fit inside the normal accordion type box?

I had a few legit questions so I went to ACH and asked my questions and requested extra forms that were in P4.

ACH was a good time to scout out what the interviewing station is like and determine what can and cannot fit under the partition.

We then visited a department store and picked up supplies like folders, and a plastic photo album for some pictures.

I have 3 folders. One is my info, one is my dad's(co-sponsor), and one is her files and info. The folders are the kind that have 30 transparent A4-sized pockets. I also bought some little sticky tabs and labeled each pocket. I put the things I thought would be the most useful on top, and the old stuff last. I'm just going to put them in a backpack for the plane, since I want all of it to be in my possession to avoid any chance of losing it. We also made a photo album with about 30 pictures. It's just a small album, because I don't think they'll have any doubts about our relationship since we've been living together for 2 and a half years! If you're separated, you might have to prepare more photos.

I'm getting my folders ready for my flight to Beijing next week. What size pass hole are we talking about? Does it go under the window so nothing hard a flat will go through it? Or is it just a 3"x12" hole?

I had planned on using a hard 3 ring photo album but it sounds like that won't work.

I had planned on the four folder plan

one with her papers (birth certificate, divorce papers, medical...)

one with I-134 papers (company letter, bank letter, pay stubs....)

one with EOR letter (copy of passport, plane tickets, pictures...)

one with odds and ends (my divorce paper, letter from her ex....)

I'm getting my folders ready for my flight to Beijing next week. What size pass hole are we talking about? Does it go under the window so nothing hard a flat will go through it? Or is it just a 3"x12" hole?

I had planned on using a hard 3 ring photo album but it sounds like that won't work.

Along with EOR letter, you should include a renewed letter of intent addressed to the consulate. EX: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

Along with EOR letter, you should include a renewed letter of intent addressed to the consulate. EX: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

I made 2 of these. one with my name and my intent and one with her name and her intent. we will both sign these and date, but will they both need to be notarized?

I made 2 of these. one with my name and my intent and one with her name and her intent. we will both sign these and date, but will they both need to be notarized?

They do not need to be notarized.

Note the consulate will provide a form letter of intent for your fiancee to sign in front of the visa officer.

SEE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...rt_to_marry.pdf

Yes, the slot is not all that high and it is recessed, down and back up, through the thick glass.

I gave my wife two folders, one with photos and one with the financials, i.e., I-134 file with tax forms and employment records.

Each was a very flexible 1" thick (Avery Flexi-view) three ring binder, which I purchased at WalMart.

I made my decision, at the time of my wife's interview last year, based on multiple post-interview feedback reports here at CFL.

It seemed that all they were interested in were photos and/or the financials....I-134 and current year tax statement.

After multiple 'recon' visits to the windows, for ACH and also ACS (prior to appointments being required) I realized that it was not easy to slide even a few pages through the slot, and I wanted to reduce the stress on my wife. Therefore, I ditched the more stiff 2" binders I had prepared at first, and went with the flexible 1" versions.

Again, I had front-loaded the hell out of my files, so I did not anticipate them asking for other info, other than what they ulitmately did ask for...photos and current tax year Form 1040.

Good luck !!!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)