Riots in Xinjiang

Guest ShaQuaNew

To go off the topic a bit, just a few minutes ago, I was in a cab and saw six police cars at one spot and a couple of people, an equal number of taxi. This is in Chengdu, apparently a car hit a cab and run. The cab chased, a few more joined. When cornered, the car went into reverse gear and hit the cab again. Two cops came and the people in the car came out and pushed and shoved with those two. More came and they were still arguing when I got out to my cab to take a look. Those fighting with the cops were Tibetans. This is Chengdu. Not saying the cops are nice anywhere in China, but they seemed to be pretty scared of any potential rioting.

I am not a fan of the government here, nor am I a fan of the ethnic minority any more. It did a big disservice to their cause of, whatever that may be. As a Han, I would at this point not object to the government in persuading the Xinjiang minority to some kind of assisted immigration out to Turkishtan or any other place north or west where they can perfectly preserve their cultural etc. It sounds a bit German, but hey, I am only human.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic