Riots in Xinjiang

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, cut the crap----all of you.

This is an important subject for all of us---via our love of some very special Han people. Samsong---thanks for posting------I particularly on----a very personal level----want the Son of A Bitch Uighur who brained that poor sweet Han woman in her spring flower print dress.

Some background: On April 2, 2008 Nicholas Kristof, the liberal columnist of the New Your Times posted this column: "Is Xinjiang the Next Tibet?" ---its worth reading, but even more worthwhile is the response---- to the Kristof blog ----a number of educated people discuss the future---some premonitions that are now borne out--- others a little off the wall.

Of particular interest is a guy going by the pseudonym---Memet---which I believe is actually a figure in the Uighur Muslim religion---and is a very dangerous guy---I believe he is posting under the belief that he is among friends in the liberal establishment of the NYT. Check out his posts: #49, 50, 87, 95, 105, 109, 120, 124, 129, 131, 138.

From this, I believe he is one of the foreign instigators---far more dangerous than the Uighur activist Rebiya Kadeer---of the World Uyghur Congress--------I believe this guy may be behind the East Turkistan Separatist Movement---labeled by both China and the US---a terrorist organization. I confront him with my information about the beheadings of the four Han hunters (my posts: 123, 126, 127, and 132)---very instructive in his response---he doesn't deny knowledge of the murders..

Most chilling for me was this response from him # 129: "John,

Your understanding of Chinese history is very good. But,probably you meant ¡°Uyghur¡± when you say ¡°Hui.¡± The Hui Muslims have no problem with the Chinese, because they are ethnically Chinese themselves. Only the Uyghur Muslims, who are ethnically of Turkic origin, have problem with China. There are more than half a million Hui Muslims in East Turkistan (The so-called Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region). The Chinese see them as their own, thefore, never discriminate. We, Uyghurs, also see them as Chinese and do not differenciate from the ordinary Chinese even though we share a religion with them. The Huis and Uyghurs have their separate Mosques, we never go to each other¡¯s Mosques. In essence, we have different Gods even though we have the same religion. It is funny that our struggle is at times being painted in the name of relgion both by the Chinese and the others."

¡ª memet

To me, this is very chilling----if the East Turkistan movement wins independence from China----I'd hate to be a Huis-------once again, illustrating the horrors just under the surface of a Theocratic form of government---no matter who they might be.

Meanwhle the NYTime's today (by Edward Wong) prints the most apologetic dismissal of this mass-murder (naturally, The Oregonian prints it). Can't recommend reading it---you will be sick to your stomach

But for perspective----VERY MUCH recommend reading the Kristof blog---for contemporary perspective untainted by the rage and emotions of the moment.

Thanks for the information knloregon.

Here is some interesting information about Mr. Wong from the NYT.

"Controversy over China Reporting

Wong has been criticized for his reports about China, which are often considered as biased against Chinese, their claim of sovereignty over Tibet and Xinjiang, as well as the value hold by most Chinese people from Mainland China.

Such alleged bias is most obvious in his articles about the July 2009 Urumuqi riot, in which he insinuated that Han Chinese mobs, under the acquiesce of predominantly Han police officers have been responsible for most of the 156 deaths in the night of July 5, which in turn were mostly Uighur --- even though Chinese officials never released the ethnic breakdown of those victims. On the contrary, according to the Times reporting by Jane McCartney, most of these initial deaths were probably mostly Han Chinese killed by Uighur mobs --- and it was likely that these deaths that triggered the later protests by Han Chinese.

An earlier article by Wong on the "Loulan Beauty" also rose criticism from the Chinese community. In that article, Wong used the Caucasian feature of the Loulan Beauty, a mummified body unearthed in Northwestern China, to cast doubt over the Chinese claim of sovereignty over the Xinjiang Autonomous Region. According to Mr. Wong, the higher nose and deeper eyes of the Loulan Beauty did not "look Chinese". Readers accused Mr. Wong of being racist, citing the diversity of the Chinese ethnicity, and that in a similar way, Mr. Wong, an American journalist, with Chinese origin that he may not acknowledge himself, probably does not have "American" nose or eyes, either, sadly."

Here are his reports and the next link is Jane McCartney's report.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference...?inline=nyt-per

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6677379.ece

What is really quite funny is the one of the quotes from another American on McCartney's report:

"Chinese media is playing down this side of the story to protect

uighur chinese. This kind of stories will never shown on any chinese language media." -- JK, MD, USA

EXCELLENT POST Whome! And very timely too----since I protested the reporting to one of the more objective managing editors of The Oregonian (who ran the NYT story off the wire)-----This Editor also saw bias----and forwarded my criticism to the international desk----this is PERFECT re-enforcement! ----he will see it first thing tomorrow, in his email...

Great job...

I'll guess again. If not Xinhua then it must be from Wikipedia. You like to wiki your quotes. I've should've known.

I think you make a habit of guessing on a regular basis. Quite interesting that you're now considering yourself an expert on the topic. Glad to see you had the time to tear yourself away from the Michael Jackson news updates long enough to get your self-appointed degree.

Watching that video gave me reason to retract my offensive post. I won't stoop as low as fitnlively has but I saved it just in case.

Don't attack me again.

Huh ?? :greenblob: What video ... who is fitnlively ... what attack? :redblob:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Just hitting the wires:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle6684928.ece

State media said that 137 Han Chinese and 46 minority Uighurs were killed when an Uighur mob took to the streets on Sunday, burning cars and buses, smashing shops and provoking tit-for-tat reprisals in what the Government says was the worst ethnic violence in decades.

The Chinese government has moved into the city in force. They intend to severely punish those responsible. They will also try to help deal with the anger and hate to help the people live together. We'll see how that goes.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-07/...nt_11689167.htm

Guest ShaQuaNew

The Chinese government made a pledge to its people that it will work to create stability in the area. A tall order of course. It's good to see they are already taking humanitarian action to work toward it.

URUMQI: Top leaders have pledged to maintain stability in Xinjiang as a relative state of normalcy returned to this city of 2.3 million Thursday, five days after its bloodiest riot in six decades.

The nine-member Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China (CPC), led by President Hu Jintao, met Wednesday night to discuss the Xinjiang riot, the Xinhua News Agency said Thursday.

"Preserving and maintaining the overall stability of Xinjiang is the most important and pressing task," said a statement issued Thursday by the Politburo Standing Committee.

The meeting also vowed "severe punishment" of rioters. The violence left 156 dead and more than 1,000 injured in the capital city of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-07...ent_8404857.htm

More VILE reporting on this from the western press---this time, the AP

"Death toll form China's ethnic riots hits 184" By William Foreman and Gillian Wong.

The violence came as the Uighurs were protesting the June 25 deaths of Uighur factory workers in a brawl in southern China. The crowd then scattered throughout Urumqi, attacking Han Chinese, burning cars and smashing windows."

OH, BUT MR. FOREMAN! MS. WONG! YOU ARE FAR TOO MODEST IN STATING THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE UIGHURS!!!! WHAT??? NO MENTION OF MASS MURDER???

The official Xinhua News Agency said 137 of the victims belonged to the dominant Han ethnic group. The rest including 45 men AND ONE WOMAN who were Mulim Uighurs, and one man of the Hui Muslim ethnic group...

WOW!! THOSE BRUTAL DOMINANT HAN!!! THEY MURDERED A UIGHUR WOMAN !?!?!

Too bad you failed to mention the dozens of Han woman beaten to death by the Uighurs...

Sickening reporting... I'm truly ashamed of the western "Free Press" ---Xinhua looks more and more like the only legitimate news source on this important story...

Guest ShaQuaNew

"Death toll form China's ethnic riots hits 184" By William Foreman and Gillian Wong.

The violence came as the Uighurs were protesting the June 25 deaths of Uighur factory workers in a brawl in southern China. The crowd then scattered throughout Urumqi, attacking Han Chinese, burning cars and smashing windows."

OH, BUT MR. FOREMAN! MS. WONG! YOU ARE FAR TOO MODEST IN STATING THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE UIGHURS!!!! WHAT??? NO MENTION OF MASS MURDER???

The official Xinhua News Agency said 137 of the victims belonged to the dominant Han ethnic group. The rest including 45 men AND ONE WOMAN who were Mulim Uighurs, and one man of the Hui Muslim ethnic group...

Too bad you failed to mention the dozens of Han woman beaten to death by the Uighurs...

Sickening reporting... I'm truly ashamed of the western "Free Press" ---Xinhua looks more and more like the only legitimate news source on this important story...

The Western press has many years of practice always making China a bottom feeder, that they've not only conditioned themselves to present stories in a twisted fashion, but have accustomed their readers and listeners to expect it.

The Western press has many years of practice always making China a bottom feeder, that they've not only conditioned themselves to present stories in a twisted fashion, but have accustomed their readers and listeners to expect it.

:happy2:

Guest ShaQuaNew

It's a serious story about life and death.