No Need To Appear At ASC

Well here we going again.

Come home from work today and find in my mail box a letter from USCIS.

I-751 Petition to remove conditions.

APPOINTMENT CANCELLED No need to appear at ASC

WTF i say.

So i get on the phone with USCIS and talked to the first person.

This person had no idea why it was cancelled.

So they transfered my call to the second level.

The second guy tells me he has received 6-8 calls today from people asking the same question.

He told me that he does not know why ALL these I-751 Bios app are being cancelled and could only tell me that they will send a new app sometime latter.

I ask when???

He had no answer.

WTF!!!

Anyone else heard of this lately?

If the ASC is nearby I would go even though you have a cancellation notice, or even go early, in many cases they will take walkins.

I have seen posts on VJ where a person gets a cancellation or reschedule notice, and later find they have a problem because the office was open and they noted that a person did not show up at the originally scheduled appointment.

same here, I would pretend I didn't get the notice and still go to the appt. do you think the local office knows USCIS is sending out those cancel notices? what if USCIS is not communicating well with the local offices and then they have no idea you got a cancel notice? If you put your receipt # online, does it say anything?

Guest Wuhan4me

ASC 's are usually 3rd party contracting companies, yes? handle fingerprinting (and that's all) ?? Maybe THAT ASC has 'lost their contract' for that facility, or wasn't renewed.. If it's nearby, maybe swing by today on the way home, see if there's a notice on the door.

What else could it be? They don't want her fingerprints after all, or some 'new thing' for cost-cutting measures (SWAG) - maybe some 'thing' about 'two year window' ?? Who Knows???

Good Luck..

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

I agree with Carl and Dan- go to your original appointment date and hand your letter in to the person at the desk. The same thing happend to us several years ago, we got a notice of cancellation but we went anyways and our appointment went through. I never found out why the notice was sent. I thought maybe it was because they were going to mail the card without an appointment but we didn't take any chances. We went to the scheduled appointment anyways.

ASC 's are usually 3rd party contracting companies, yes? handle fingerprinting (and that's all) ?? Maybe THAT ASC has 'lost their contract' for that facility, or wasn't renewed.. If it's nearby, maybe swing by today on the way home, see if there's a notice on the door.

What else could it be? They don't want her fingerprints after all, or some 'new thing' for cost-cutting measures (SWAG) - maybe some 'thing' about 'two year window' ?? Who Knows???

Good Luck..

ASC's are part of USCIS, not contractors they just are not set up like a field office is all.

Well here we going again.

Come home from work today and find in my mail box a letter from USCIS.

I-751 Petition to remove conditions.

APPOINTMENT CANCELLED No need to appear at ASC

WTF i say.

So i get on the phone with USCIS and talked to the first person.

This person had no idea why it was cancelled.

So they transfered my call to the second level.

The second guy tells me he has received 6-8 calls today from people asking the same question.

He told me that he does not know why ALL these I-751 Bios app are being cancelled and could only tell me that they will send a new app sometime latter.

I ask when???

He had no answer.

WTF!!!

Anyone else heard of this lately?

Yea, I would feel better going to the App.

Worst thing that could happen is they will say, Didn't you get the notice.. and tell us to come back latter

Missingyou: Yes i checked the online and it was last updated 5/29/09

saying they received our paperwork. Nothing about Bios app notice or cancellation notice.

If the ASC is nearby I would go even though you have a cancellation notice, or even go early, in many cases they will take walkins.

I have seen posts on VJ where a person gets a cancellation or reschedule notice, and later find they have a problem because the office was open and they noted that a person did not show up at the originally scheduled appointment.

Thanks Dan.

Yes the ASC is only a 20 minute drive from our home.

Were going!!!

Thanks buddy.

Mike

We also just received our NOA for our I485 and I765 that states "APPOINTMENT CANCELLED" "No Need To Appear At ASC" but it also states "IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED".

I'm afraid to miss the appointment but our Application Support Center is 4 hours from our home. Our appointment time is 10 am and since I don't want to miss two days from work, we will need to leave home at 5 am to give us time to find the building.

The NOA says to bring this Appointment Notice and a photo ID. Should we bring any other documents, just in case?

I'm sorry that others are getting the same notice but now we don't feel so alone. Thanks to the CFL family for all the information and support.

We sent in our AOS packet around end of May, 2009. We got scheduled for fingerprints June, 2009 - Last week actually. My post is probably still on this board.

I thought it was pretty fast to get an ASC appointment in a month and we would be waiting for 2-3 months.

If we got the cancellation letter I would also still go. Perhaps their automated systems screwed up and they send out more ASC notices than they wanted and now are swamped with cases and they want to scale back.

Still, the large bold print about how if you don't show up your entire application would be considered abandoned really pissed me off. Who in their right mind would go through all of this, pay the expenses for trips, fees, plan and have a wedding, start a new life, and then miss the bio appointment?

You should definitely go and get there as they open if possible. Our ASC took less than 20 minutes. We were actually waiting outside the door for them to open in the morning for longer than the process took inside.

I was really impressed because from filing AOS through the appointment this was the fastest and smoothest parts of the entire journey so far.

Sorry to hear other folks are getting the added confusion and frustration.

We also just received our NOA for our I485 and I765 that states "APPOINTMENT CANCELLED" "No Need To Appear At ASC" but it also states "IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED".

I'm afraid to miss the appointment but our Application Support Center is 4 hours from our home. Our appointment time is 10 am and since I don't want to miss two days from work, we will need to leave home at 5 am to give us time to find the building.

The NOA says to bring this Appointment Notice and a photo ID. Should we bring any other documents, just in case?

I'm sorry that others are getting the same notice but now we don't feel so alone. Thanks to the CFL family for all the information and support.

Passport, Visa, and Appointment letter is all that is needed. Biometrics is (Fingerprints, Photo, Signature) they are not doing an interview.

Today I talked with a human at USCIS about the "No Need To Appear" appointment notice. I was told that they received a memo today about the "No Need To Appear" notices. The notices was sent because they overbooked the biometrics appointments. I was also told that if we went to the appointment on the "No Need To Appear" notice, they would not do the biometrics at this time!! We are to wait for another appointment notice that should come in the next two to four weeks???

Just love that efficiency.

If anyone does go to their biometrics appointment on the "No Need To Appear" date please let us know what happens.