Evolution of Relationship

I have a question, I am reading alot about the evolution of Relationship letter. I have been working on mine for sometime and will continue to do so. The problem that I see is the pictures. 75% of our pictures have no dates on them. The problem is that my camera is fairly new and keeps track of date and time and so forth.....but will not put it on the picture, it is embedded in the digital signature of the picture. There is no option to put it on the picture. Will this cause a problem when they are printed without the date on them. We have plenty of other evidence....reciepts, tickets and such that have dates. Just wondering.

I have a question, I am reading alot about the evolution of Relationship letter. I have been working on mine for sometime and will continue to do so. The problem that I see is the pictures. 75% of our pictures have no dates on them. The problem is that my camera is fairly new and keeps track of date and time and so forth.....but will not put it on the picture, it is embedded in the digital signature of the picture. There is no option to put it on the picture. Will this cause a problem when they are printed without the date on them. We have plenty of other evidence....reciepts, tickets and such that have dates. Just wondering.

None of our pictures have dates on them. I think its a good idea if one could make a point to do it, say their camera had this option, but its not a show stopper.

This is a good question. I do not think it will be a problem but with the date it would be better. Having said that, the dates on pictures can also be faked. I think they look at the whole "lot" of evidence. So the lack of date on the pictures should not be a problem.

Maybe before the interview you can take some pictures of you two together standing by one of the bank signs or other signs here in China that have the date and time. Just a crazy thought.

Not an issue, simply write date, place and who is in the picture on the reverse side.

The dates can be fudged, pictures are secondary evidence behind other things like passport stamps, airline tickets etc..

I used a program to date stamp some pictures.

Example: http://www.sharewareconnection.com/timetophoto.htm

Guest ShaQuaNew

Not an issue, simply write date, place and who is in the picture on the reverse side.

The dates can be fudged, pictures are secondary evidence behind other things like passport stamps, airline tickets etc..

I used a program to date stamp some pictures.

Example: http://www.sharewareconnection.com/timetophoto.htm

Yes, I agree with Dan. Write the following on the back of each photo:

1. Date Taken

2. Location, City, State, Province, Country, Restaurant, Hotel, Street

3. Persons depicted in the photos, using a consistent method of calling them out; for example: Left to Right: John Jones, Mary Jones, and so on.

--edit--

No need to go to any expense to print information on the back of the photos. An ink pen is just fine, as long as the writing is legible.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Or print digital photographs on 8 1/2x11 paper and add captions

Yes, and as I have posted previously, this is what I did for our I-130, I-129F, and most recently for our I-485 file for AOS.

With comments to my wife by the VO at GUZ, and comments to me last week by the ISO, during our interview, the photos were well received by the DOS/USCIS folks.

I printed the 8.5 X 11 photos on my home PC/printer on inexpensive Walmart photo paper, and used my computer based photo software to generate captions on the face of each photo, e.g., date, location, description of photo contents. I had a good mix of locations, events, and family/friends in the photos as well as my wife, daughter, and me.

The only photos I ever sent in with anything to do with immigrations were what was requested,

which was the 2"x2" passport style photo in color. I never sent in a "mosaic" of pictures, photographs, prints, clipart, etc., etc., etc., for anything.... :ph34r:

Only photos sent were 5 pictures of Yu and my self in China, one of them was of me and her family. This was for the I-129F.

We did not send any pictures other than 2"x2" passport photos when adjusting status (I-485) because AOS does not require any relationship evidence other than a photocopy of marriage cert showing that the K-1 visa was satisfied.

Relationship evidence like photos together comes into play again when filing to remove conditions (I-751)

In my evolution of relationship letter, I added the photo's along with the text to show as well as describe. I was also told ( in the case of a married couple ) that it is a good idea to have the photo's show the wedding rings if possible. I guess it adds more credibility to the photo.

Z¨¤iji¨¤n

Ning and Jim...

The 8.5 X 11 pages are so easy to do and you can double up photos and also use to tell the story and paint the picture.

Everyone I would think knows how to use Word. It is a very simple process to insert photos into the Word document. Then size the photo and then add captions on the side or below the photo.

For show stoppers, ones that had a special meaning to me I used the whole page. For me it is this avatar, the first photo of us engaged together. Has a lot of personal meaning to me....

And you can size one photo a little smaller and make another one a little larger to add extra emphasis or meaning with having 2 per page.

So I sent 15 photos on 8 premuim glossy photo pages. Actual cost is little.

The pages basically match the size of all the other documents and can be easily looked at with everything else and kept in a logical order.

I went from our friends, first meetings, her family, dining and entertainment to engagement day.

Looking back through them I can even objectively see how we progressively felt stronger and closer to each other...

Do you need to paint a picture -- NO. But why not?

You main goal in this process is to show that your relationship is real. To remove any possible doubt of fraud. How better than with geniune relationship photos.....everything else looks like a piece of paper.

If I was a VO and I actually do not get bored easily, but I would grow tired of looking at seemingly endless documents, records and receipts and would appreciate a well organized and meaningful pictorial of the relationship.

I put our pictues into an album using Photoshop elements and placed captions under each picture with date and location and people in picture. That seemed to work well.

The only photos I ever sent in with anything to do with immigrations were what was requested,

which was the 2"x2" passport style photo in color. I never sent in a "mosaic" of pictures, photographs, prints, clipart, etc., etc., etc., for anything.... :)

Only photos sent were 5 pictures of Yu and my self in China, one of them was of me and her family. This was for the I-129F.

We did not send any pictures other than 2"x2" passport photos when adjusting status (I-485) because AOS does not require any relationship evidence other than a photocopy of marriage cert showing that the K-1 visa was satisfied.

Relationship evidence like photos together comes into play again when filing to remove conditions (I-751)

As has been discussed in this forum at length over the past several months, is that what they 'require' vs. what they 'like' to see, are two different animals.

Moreover, in our specific case I knew this would be our [only] interview, as a K-3 married over two years, so I loaded both files up.

I think this is why we went from NOA-1 to interview in such a short time frame. This was verified by the ISO, as I asked some direct questions about the process, at the conclusion of the interview.

Again, not one single question over bona-fides, just the standard, must-ask questions off the check list to close out the file.

I have always fallen back to the USCIS on-line instructions (RE: Filing a complete package) in this regard.

Bottom line, we are each responsible for how we approach this important process. :D