GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE

Yay I called the NVC today and found out that an interview date has been scheduled for July 23 at 7:15am this process felt as if it was taking forever but really was pretty fast if you check my timeline ....

Do we have to call to find out the interview date? Does anywhere in package 4 show the interview date?

By the way, my husband just the P4, it seems that he has a hard time to find out the interview date.

Could anyone give a hint?

Thanks!

p-4 is the interview letter,it will have the date on it for the interview.

But where should I look at? on which paper? Since I don't have the orienginal document with me, I checked the embassy GuangZhou website, in their sample document, I don't the date showing anywhere either.

Inside the P4 should be a letter letting you know that an interview has been scheduled. Look at the Bottom left corner

There should be a time, date and Location.

Tom I think you are probably right about the English thing; she was also nervous as I would have expected. After she left there with the blue slip my wife was devastated and felt she had let me down. I was unable to get any useful information from her for almost 2 weeks.

One of the additional requests from the consulate was for my wife to decscribe how we communicate. From other letters on CFL it seems that the cases where the English is good seem to fair better and draw less scrutiny. We submitted our additional evidence 2 days ago. I hope we hear something soon.

areynolds I wish you only PINK !!!

Hi nandj,

Besides the poor English which I will say counts for something,,Ling's English was only fair. In our Evolution of Relationship Letter I defined our Communication as this: Ling speaks fair English, we use a notebook to write questions out in English, and when detailed questions are asked, we use a sentence Translator....and than for the interview I requested that the interview be given in Chinese because my wife was nervous.

Your wife's poor English may have counted somewhat against her but you mentioned that the VO didn't believe "That her divorce was real."

Seems that this was the major problem??

Tom and Ling

I think that our attorney gave me some really bad advice. He told me to basically demand an english speaking interview. I though maybe this would prove we were serious. This is why I am totally confused as to whether there is any consistancy in the visa process.

Tom if you are correct about her ex- I guess we should hope they actually contact him. He apparently has a hot temper;so if they do call him they will know why she left the b@#($%^... One item of evidence we were requested to supply was for his phone# and address.

I do not know how long it takes once they receive this additional evidence to make a decision. I hope they will think PINK.

Does anyone know if in this case they will request a second interview, or will they most likely just accept soley on our additional evidence?

Nig and Jim...

Tom I think you are probably right about the English thing; she was also nervous as I would have expected. After she left there with the blue slip my wife was devastated and felt she had let me down. I was unable to get any useful information from her for almost 2 weeks.

One of the additional requests from the consulate was for my wife to decscribe how we communicate. From other letters on CFL it seems that the cases where the English is good seem to fair better and draw less scrutiny. We submitted our additional evidence 2 days ago. I hope we hear something soon.

areynolds I wish you only PINK !!!

Thank you me too we have known each other since august 04 and have been talking since that online, i actually met her in person first and then exchanged email addresses and started chatting more and more frequently ,i have been back to see her 4 times since and 2 of those trips stayed for about 3 weeks, i am doing everything i can to raise money to be there for her interview so she can take in my passport along with all our evidence....we talk for like 5 hours per night through yahoo chat with webcam and her English is amazing ....

I think that our attorney gave me some really bad advice. He told me to basically demand an english speaking interview.

for USCs going through this process now, these experiences underscore the importance of learning to speak and write as much chinese as possible. it's a sign of your commitment to the chinese person and also allows them to interview in chinese without raising concerns about communication.

i'm continually amazed at the stories i've heard from some of the people with lawyers. it's like the lawyer him or herself has never been inside the consulate and likewise never bothered to talk to a client after an interview. for example, in your case, why would one need to "demand" an interview in english?

I think that our attorney gave me some really bad advice. He told me to basically demand an english speaking interview.

for USCs going through this process now, these experiences underscore the importance of learning to speak and write as much chinese as possible. it's a sign of your commitment to the chinese person and also allows them to interview in chinese without raising concerns about communication.

i'm continually amazed at the stories i've heard from some of the people with lawyers. it's like the lawyer him or herself has never been inside the consulate and likewise never bothered to talk to a client after an interview. for example, in your case, why would one need to "demand" an interview in english?

the reason i chose the lawyers i did is because they themselves went through the process for a loved one...I dont think i would have picked someone who couldnt sympathize with our situation....I am happy to be using them so that i can be sure everything goes how it should as far as the preparation of everything...We are almost done PRAISE God so close now waiting to interview on the 23rd and come home soon after that