GUANGZHOU CONSULATE CHINA

I just got this email from a Friend of mine from Arizona he just got to Guangzhou Sunday night Monday morning his fiancee went for medical exam. He went to the USA men's meeting they have every Monday at 2:30 for the American men to ask questions of any thing they want to know about.

his fiancee has her interview in the morning 6-10-09.

Here is his email to me:

Hello Bob,----i'm in Guangzhou the last 3 nights. Today her & daughter passed their medicals with no problem. Took approximately 4 hours. The weather is great, but I'm getting bored here. There are plenty of places to get decent food, but not much else to do unless you know where to go.--I went to the (American citizen's) meeting....it was total B.S.---you go to a window such the same as DMV--they give u a # and u go up, and ask them a question of your choice----bunch of bull crap!!---alot of guys going to this had their fiance's visa denied, but they were given no answer why--so these guys were just looking for answers, --but got nothing from them about why they failed....I guess the girls have to pay another visa fee on top of the medical fee(800) yuan or so-----I have already gone thru 5000 yuan ($732.70)since being here 2 days!!!---Hell!!!

So it looks like Guangzhou is still holding up to their bad reputation.

maybe a class action law suite is what they need for treating people the way they do.

But if you look at it another way I am sure glad they are protecting us in America from all these dangerous fiancee's and wives while our southern back door is open to Mexico with medical care and ss checks

free schooling and now green cards too??????

Edited by okie2 (see edit history)

I attended ACH last week before my fiancee's interview and had a very positive experience. I had 2 main concerns/questions which the VO answered/addressed in a courteous and professional manner. All in all both my fiancee and myself had very positive experiences with the Consulate in Guanzhou with no complaints.

I attended ACH last week before my fiancee's interview and had a very positive experience. I had 2 main concerns/questions which the VO answered/addressed in a courteous and professional manner. All in all both my fiancee and myself had very positive experiences with the Consulate in Guanzhou with no complaints.

Same here for us a 2 years ago.

we found both ACH and ACS very useful.maybe its how you approach them.

Same Here, both ACH and ACS very useful........... :lol: :P :P :D

I spent 10 days in Guangzhou an all my expenses plus airline tickets was probably $5000.00 USD....so I don't feel sorry for this guy.. :P :P

Tom and Ling

True here, I spent 10 days in GUZ, $25 a night at the Yang's, you can live quite reasonably in Guangzhou.

For the previous times I was at GUZ, ACH went well for the the 1st time then the 2nd time I didn't get my questions answers and was rushed away. I think it just all depends on your luck and the VO you get that day.

As for the ACS, it was good. The VOs there were all very helpful and polite. They spoke good Chinese too, well, at least better mandarin than my native Cantonese tongue.

well i have to agree it does seem retarded the crap all of us have to go thru,the hoops we all have to jump thru to get our wifes here,while people crossing our borders everyday illegally,and the free goodies handed to them.....Ah don't get me started.

Anyway,My experience at ACH was a pleasant one,i got to ask all my questions,many concerning perhaps what i thought could have been red flags from our k3 denial in Oct 08,I wanted to make sure these possible red flags were addressed and explained,so not to have a repeat on our CR1,the VO was very polite,typed into the computer many of my concerns,all in all i felt after i walked away ,i accomplished something.Did it result in us getting pink,i don't know,but you want to do everything you can to make it a favorable outcome.Yes i did meet a few who came to the meeting to get answers to their denials and walked away disappointed.Which i feel,if one gets denied,one should be told why.I mean why not.you take a drivers test and if you fail,the instructor doesnt keep it a big secret,he or she will say...look you did this wrong,given you an actual reason why you failed...etc etc...."not a bonafide relationship" for a reason is like saying at a drivers test,you failed because " you don't know how to drive"its absurd....I am no big fan of Guz or this whole process,as everyone knows by now hahaha....but i will have to say,I had a pleasant ,positive ,experience at ACH

jimi

I went to US day and when I got there the guy anwered my questions but used as few words as possible. He seemed to be quite dis-interested. Maybe he was looking for someone with an attitude...

I agree that this process is totally unfair. I served in the army during Vietnam to defend this country, and I now find myself having to kiss uncle sams ??? to get my beautiful wife here with be. I am sick to death of seeing these illegals come here free of charge. If they had to go through what we do they would definitely think twice before crossing the border. But dont get me started on that topic......

The best advice I can give is that you document EVERY part of your relationship up front. If your spouse has a child, make sure they have proof up front that the child is indeed hers. If there is an ex involved, get proof that there is no more contact. We were requested to show proof of marriage, proof of visits, proof my wifes son is hers, proof she does not see her ex-husband anymore, and proof that she can communicate in english.

If you want a smooth passage, you really need to think about these things in advance. We were just so madly in love we followed our hearts and not the perverted GUZ process.

Have patience, and document, document, document.

Ning and Jim...