DS-230 Original Docs CR1

Well, we just waited 8 weeks and finally received a Police Clearance Report from the South African Government for my wife so now we're back in the game again.

Now we are preparing all the documents to send to the NVC along with the DS-230.

According to James's Shortcuts:

DS-230: - part 1 and 2 (remember do NOT sign part 2). Have the foreign spouse (beneficiary) complete this, sign it, and have it in the petitioner's hands before you get to NVC. You may also begin gathering documents to send with the DS-230 to the NVC. These documents must be in original or certified copy. Certified copies are copies certified by issuing agency and not by a notary.

Birth Certificate [1]

Court and Prison Records [2]

Deportation Documentation [3]

Marriage Certificate [4]

Marriage Termination Documentation [5]

Military Records [6]

Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page [7]

Police Certificate(s) [8]

2 Passport-sized photos of foreign spouse

And this thread:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...34290&st=45

Today, we finally got the real answer to our question! GUZ answered our PM to "USCONGUZ" ! We received a PM from "USCONGUZ",

"Thank you for inquiry. As of September 2008, the NVC is collecting all civil documents and completed forms from immigrant visa applicants. Please follow all NVC directions for submitting your documents. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Sincerely, Immigrant Visa Unit, US Consulate Guangzhou."

So my wife has gotten notorized copies which according to this are not usable. So we'll have to get certified copies for these things. Questions would be:

Translations? Do they want translations for these documents?

and

If we can't get a certified copy (her son was born in South Africa out of wedlock and as such there was no recording of the father's information is on the birth certificate or records), would this be a problem?

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, help.

Haoran.

Start with NVC website.

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

NVC needs originals or certified copy, if you send them the originals, they will send them to the consulate and can be returned at the interview. They will also need attached a photo-copy of the original or certified copy.

Thanks dnoblett,

Any chance if we send the originals they would get lost?

This is the worry for me sending originals.

thanks.

Many do, I have yet to see a post on VJ about NVC loosing them.

Or you can check around about certified copies, this can vary by state though.

Maybe you can call NVC (603) 334-0700 and try to request electronic processing.

What is electronic processing? Faxing? Scanned docs? Wouldn't that be the same as a copy?

Has anyone tried sending Notorized copies? Would we receive a request for more information?

What is electronic processing? Faxing? Scanned docs? Wouldn't that be the same as a copy?

Has anyone tried sending Notorized copies? Would we receive a request for more information?

I suspect notarized should be fine. The notary is certifying that the copy matches the original.

Electronic processing has to do with NVC sending to GUZ, not when you send docs to NVC.

I suspect notarized should be fine. The notary is certifying that the copy matches the original.

Electronic processing has to do with NVC sending to GUZ, not when you send docs to NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

You should not mail any physical paper documents to the NVC if you choose to participate in electronic processing. This will delay processing of your case.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

You should not mail any physical paper documents to the NVC if you choose to participate in electronic processing. This will delay processing of your case.

Excelent!

Yes this may be a good thing to try, in this case perhaps this may get around the 3 month customs delay that many cases encounter when NVC sends case to consulate.

Thanks dnoblett,

Any chance if we send the originals they would get lost?

This is the worry for me sending originals.

thanks.

we were worry about sending originals to NVC but we requested extra copies of each documents when they were doing the translations. after the interview, VO will return all original documents back to you. all documents must be translated to english. :lol:

dnoblett - You know this is wrong, yes? Electronic processing has to do with NVC sending to GUZ, not when you send docs to NVC. The statement, as you worded it, is wrong.

Electronic processing has to do with the petitioner emailing in SCANS of the original documents and forms TO NVC.

Once the docs are complete, NVC makes 'a packet', GUZ picks up the packet 'electronically' - there is no DHL sending.

HaoRan - is possible to opt in for electronic processing - but - just where are you , in the NVC processing stage? If you've started it at all, and want to shift to electronic, you have to OPT IN.

If you've not started NVC processing yet, and are ready to start NVC processing - electronic processing at NVC is available to you. You might have to ASK for it, via telephone, or by opting in electronically to the special NVC Guangzhou email address.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

You know this is wrong, yes?

Electronic processing has to do with the petitioner emailing in SCANS of the original documents and forms TO NVC.

Once the docs are complete, NVC makes 'a packet', GUZ picks up the packet 'electronically' - there is no DHL sending.

HaoRan - is possible to opt in for electronic processing - but - just where are you , in the NVC processing stage? If you've started it at all, and want to shift to electronic, you have to OPT IN.

If you've not started NVC processing yet, and are ready to start NVC processing - electronic processing at NVC is available to you.

Ya just don't get it do ya??

You'll never learn. :)

Edited by NUWORLD (see edit history)

NuWorld - now yer on the crusade as well?

Ok - My apologies if I offended YOUR sensibilities, but... - dnoblett was wrong about electronic processing. I listed what it's all about.

dnoblett - You know this is wrong, yes? Electronic processing has to do with NVC sending to GUZ, not when you send docs to NVC. The statement, as you worded it, is wrong.

If you've not started NVC processing yet, and are ready to start NVC processing - electronic processing at NVC is available to you. You might have to ASK for it, via telephone, or by opting in electronically to the special NVC Guangzhou email address.

That is why I noted this in #9

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=498156

Yes, Randy brought up something new on DOS.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)