Eligible for an interview

I called NVC this morning and found out that my fiancee has been deemed eligible for an interview but no date has been set yet the woman i talked to said it would most likely be July before we hear anything about an interview.... I was thinking it might be quicker than that and i hope it is i guess i will keep calling and inquiring as to the status of the case ;) Bout how long from sending the P3 has it taken anyone to get an interview date just wondering...thanks for all everyone has posted here it is all really helpful

It took 3 days after my fiancee was deemed eligible (qualified was the word DOS used with me) for an interview date to be set.

Someone here said the interview dates were set twice a month, towards the beginning and end. This seems to be true. A wave of people received their interview date at the same time. Assuming this is true, my guess is the interview date will be given out towards the end of the month, since the beginning has past. The date will likely be 3 to 5 weeks from when they give you the date.

Edited by Bert-Jie Lin (see edit history)

It took 3 days after my fiancee was deemed eligible (qualified was the word DOS used with me) for an interview date to be set.

Someone here said the interview dates were set twice a month, towards the beginning and end. This seems to be true. A wave of people received their interview date at the same time. Assuming this is true, my guess is the interview date will be given out towards the end of the month, since the beginning has past. The date will likely be 3 to 5 weeks from when they give you the date.

thank you for that info now i have sort of a timeline to look for in as far as when to expect....

I see on VJ there are a number of us waiting to get into GUZ. My thinking is that we all have 'small packages" :) so we get in at the same time. But only twice a month are the schedules made.

Why do people always have to call DOS since the schedule is done in GUZ?

small ~ 5lb :o

I see on VJ there are a number of us waiting to get into GUZ. My thinking is that we all have 'small packages" :D so we get in at the same time. But only twice a month are the schedules made.

small ~ 5lb ;)

Everybody call DOS because DOS is the gateway to get information from GUZ, GUZ updates info on their computers, DOS will be able to see it as well, there is a chinese number you can call, this number will connect you to the Chinese call center, but this number requires a phone card so it's not free compared to DOS which is free..

average time from sending P3 until getting interview date is about 3-4 weeks...

We're in the same boat here. xiaomin became qualified on June 5th for an Interview Date, but a very nice lady that I spoke with at DOS [sarah] told me that they only schedule Interview dates ONCE a month at the beginning of the month and my fianc¨¦e just missed the batch of assigned dates so she'll be scheduled in the beginning of July.

Sigh, the closer it gets the slower time goes [damn Einstein anyway!]

Oh, Sarah was even personable enough that she asked me how to pronounce xiaomin's name! That was nice for a Government agency. I got some guy a few days back that was real snotty...

If anybody gets scheduled toward the end of June, post so I can start calling again. xiaomin has a ways to travel to get to GUZ now [not to mention a whole slew of going-away-dinners to attend!] so every day's advance notice is critical.

I see on VJ there are a number of us waiting to get into GUZ. My thinking is that we all have 'small packages" :blink: so we get in at the same time. But only twice a month are the schedules made.

small ~ 5lb ;)

SMALL PACKAGES??? Speak for yourself! LOL -- Actually, what are you talking about?

Guest Pommey

don't fret it guys your day wearing a pink shirt in the coffee shop is coming .

from eligible to interview is roughly 2-2.5 months

Feel your pain, been there , drunk the coffee.

Look at it this way , its the first day in the rest of your life, be ready for big changes. :rolleyes:

average time from sending P3 until getting interview date is about 3-4 weeks...

We're in the same boat here. xiaomin became qualified on June 5th for an Interview Date, but a very nice lady that I spoke with at DOS [sarah] told me that they only schedule Interview dates ONCE a month at the beginning of the month and my fianc¨¦e just missed the batch of assigned dates so she'll be scheduled in the beginning of July.

Sigh, the closer it gets the slower time goes [damn Einstein anyway!]

Oh, Sarah was even personable enough that she asked me how to pronounce xiaomin's name! That was nice for a Government agency. I got some guy a few days back that was real snotty...

If anybody gets scheduled toward the end of June, post so I can start calling again. xiaomin has a ways to travel to get to GUZ now [not to mention a whole slew of going-away-dinners to attend!] so every day's advance notice is critical.

Yeah i was told something similar i was told that they gave out dates 2 times per month once at the beginning and once at the end of the month....from the girl i talked to ..... At least we are on the home stretch and are sooner rather than later in the journey...Maybe we will be in guangzhou the same time

SMALL PACKAGES??? Speak for yourself! LOL -- Actually, what are you talking about?

Urban Legend, maybe statistical tracking and logging, but...

If your physical case file is SMALLER and it goes out BY ITSELF (NVC to GUZ), seemingly it will get opened sooner.

A LARGE package (several casefiles together, or a ton o paperwork for one casefile) seems to go on the backburner.

is it a DHL issue? is it a 'receiver's' issue ? who knows?

Now, I ain't saying it's so or it ain't so - but - that's what I remember reading here and on VJ.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)