Shipping Knives to China

My brother-in-law (in Beijing) would like us to purchase several $40 folding Buck knives and several $200, what appears to be, throwing knives. (found on such sites as Amazon.com in the U.S. but don't see these items on Amazon.cn)
By the time we pay for shipping, insurance, he pays for custom fees, and the remote possibility of it either not making it through customs (since they will x-ray and see "weapons?") or just theft, I can't say I relish the thought of even getting involved?
Any thoughts?

My brother-in-law (in Beijing) would like us to purchase several $40 folding Buck knives and several $200, what appears to be, throwing knives. (found on such sites as Amazon.com in the U.S. but don't see these items on Amazon.cn)

By the time we pay for shipping, insurance, he pays for custom fees, and the remote possibility of it either not making it through customs (since they will x-ray and see "weapons?") or just theft, I can't say I relish the thought of even getting involved?

Any thoughts?

Just ship USPS, don't send Fedex or UPS/DHL, they are much more likely to get searched in customs. I've sent maybe 40 packages to china, 38 by USPS no problem. 2 by Fedex, one was held in customs....