Magic Jack

Guest Tony n Terrific

seems this Italkbb is good, but I'm skeptical because you are using it in the states on FIOS and cable connections. Were over here in the stone ages using adsl. Today we are going down to china mobile and getting international service, its 6 mao (.60 rmb) a minute.

seems this Italkbb is good, but I'm skeptical because you are using it in the states on FIOS and cable connections. Were over here in the stone ages using adsl. Today we are going down to china mobile and getting international service, its 6 mao (.60 rmb) a minute.

It will work on ADSL or any broadband connection.

Travel-with- iTalkBB

You can take your iTalkBB phone adaptor with you anywhere in the world, whether it's a short trip or a permanent move. All you need is Broadband Internet connection to connect to your iTalkBB adaptor with, you will be able to make phone calls as if your are at home, and others can still reach you as usual by dialing your home number.

• 1 month later...

I used my Magic Jack in the hotel room I stayed in last week in Hunan. I had no idea if it would work or if the phone would plug into it.

IT ROCKED! The cheapest and best way to go if you have a decent connection speed in China. If the person in China is using a Magic Jack that is the same local number as the person in the states, it is 100% free other then the initial cost of $19.95 per year.

You can leave your Magic Jack in China for relatives to use. When you dial the USA number it will ring in China. It worked great for me.

Hope this helps. Max

• 2 weeks later...

I used my Magic Jack in the hotel room I stayed in last week in Hunan. I had no idea if it would work or if the phone would plug into it.

IT ROCKED! The cheapest and best way to go if you have a decent connection speed in China. If the person in China is using a Magic Jack that is the same local number as the person in the states, it is 100% free other then the initial cost of $19.95 per year.

You can leave your Magic Jack in China for relatives to use. When you dial the USA number it will ring in China. It worked great for me.

Hope this helps. Max

My experience has been similar. Li Yin took a magic jack with her to China, and has used it to call me very often. Only once did I ever notice some "echoing" and "hopping" on the line. She is leaving it with her parents, as a way for her parents to call us (they have used skype before too). If you look beyond the drawback that it has to be plugged in and connected to a computer with an internet connection, it works well.

• 2 weeks later...

i have used magic jack successfully in china 3 different trips worked great calling back to usa i just plugged hotel phone into the magicjack

this trip in china i tended to use my iphone and skype more cause it was easier and i coulod walk around apartment.

mj is cheap you cant really go wrong in my opinion i just renewed 5 years

I tried mj. After 2 weeks I sent it back. I have cable so speed of connection was never the issue. The quality of the phone reception was terrible. My patient wife was talking to her mother, and after the 9th "what", she gave up. That was it for us. We tried i-talkBB and have never looked back.

I also didn't like keeping a computer running 24-7 just to keep phone service. I am glad it works for some, it just didn't work for us.

• 2 months later...

I tried mj. After 2 weeks I sent it back. I have cable so speed of connection was never the issue. The quality of the phone reception was terrible. My patient wife was talking to her mother, and after the 9th "what", she gave up. That was it for us. We tried i-talkBB and have never looked back.

I also didn't like keeping a computer running 24-7 just to keep phone service. I am glad it works for some, it just didn't work for us.

MagicJack is working great in China now. I bought one to take with me

and it works great. I hear a little static, but the person in the USA tells me the connection sounds great.

MagicJack is working great in China now. I bought one to take with me

and it works great. I hear a little static, but the person in the USA tells me the connection sounds great.

And if you have a USA Phone number assigned to it, your friends and family can call you while you are in China, just like you were in the USA.