Sea trip to the US???

Hi:

After reading the other threads posted on this site, I'd like to ask the question regarding trans-ocean travel to the US again.

If anyone on this forum has done it or has a reliable source of information regarding freight ship travel to the North American continent - please respond.

I am Russian and my husband is American. We got married and submitted our I-130 in Beijing (DCF), China with plans for me to move to the US in the nearest future after living in China together for the past 5 years.

However, I am severely aerophobic. I do not fly. Cannot fly. The only alternative being trans-ocean travel. I have read about it, but have never met anyone who would have done it.

Any info would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

off topic: doesn't it take about 30 days for a cargo ship to arrive to the US from China?

I think it was around 2 to 3 weeks, with the fares at the high end of the equivalent plane trip

Yep, talk about taking the "Slow Boat From China!"

off topic: doesn't it take about 30 days for a cargo ship to arrive to the US from China?

I think it was around 2 to 3 weeks, with the fares at the high end of the equivalent plane trip

No, ship from Russia with love.

No, ship from Russia with love.

You should hope it's a large sized ship...I sailed on a little freighter 150' and most of the crew used to get very sick...good way to loose a few kilograms. ZZ

Just for fun I have tried before to find a cruise ship that went direct from China to the US but there does not seem to be any. The only thing you could do as far as I can find would be to go from Beijing to Singapore, then Singapore to Sydney, then Sydney to Los Angeles.

You would think there would be a Hong Kong to Hawaii but I can't find it.

Or you could take the trans-Siberian railway.

Just for fun I have tried before to find a cruise ship that went direct from China to the US but there does not seem to be any. The only thing you could do as far as I can find would be to go from Beijing to Singapore, then Singapore to Sydney, then Sydney to Los Angeles.

Correct, also keep in mind, many ports require a transit or visitor's visa even if not getting off the ship.

Correct, also keep in mind, many ports require a transit or visitor's visa even if not getting off the ship.

I've found most countries will issue a visitors visa for a few bucks to a US passport...you can check easily on-line. ZZ

In your case if at all possible why not take some little blue pills and get on the plane and sleep away all the way home.....just and idea to avoid all the extra headache of the alternative sleeping helps alot of people