I have a K1 petition at VSC....April 7 NOA1. Over the last few months I have been sending my fiancee 150 dollars a month. She has never asked me for money....I just send it to help her out as I know that she strugles at times. Should she mention this at the interview when it finally gets to that point? I have read that sending money to your fiancee can sometimes be considered bad at the interview in GUZ. just want to cover all the bases.

I have been sending money to my sweetie as well, she did not ask for it, I offered, because I would rather her not slave for 12 hours to make what I can for about 15 minutes of light work. My guess is that the VO will look at it as paying someone to marry you, which of course they frown on, no matter who is doing the paying. My sweetie did not mention it in the interview or in any of the paperwork. What I spend my money on, including sending it to my sweetie, is not the government's business. What I earn so they can tax it, OK. After the taxes, it is mine to do with what I want.

The only thing that you should provide for the interview is information on the I-134 to show she won't become a welfare recipient. Other information will bring extra scrutiny, and likely get you the "not bona fide" relationship, as it could be viewed as you providing financial incentive for your relationship. It's all about appearances.

However, if they ask, definitely answer truthfully, because it is likely they somehow discovered it. Lying will definitely earn you a white.

Edited by Craig and Mingjun (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been sending money to my sweetie as well, she did not ask for it, I offered, because I would rather her not slave for 12 hours to make what I can for about 15 minutes of light work. My guess is that the VO will look at it as paying someone to marry you, which of course they frown on, no matter who is doing the paying. My sweetie did not mention it in the interview or in any of the paperwork. What I spend my money on, including sending it to my sweetie, is not the government's business. What I earn so they can tax it, OK. After the taxes, it is mine to do with what I want.

The only thing that you should provide for the interview is information on the I-134 to show she won't become a welfare recipient. Other information will bring extra scrutiny, and likely get you the "not bona fide" relationship, as it could be viewed as you providing financial incentive for your relationship. It's all about appearances.

However, if they ask, definitely answer truthfully, because it is likely they somehow discovered it. Lying will definitely earn you a white.

What about if your not applying for a K1 but a K3? I was married to a Chinese woman in China last March. After consulting a lawyer, (who I did NOT hire) he actually suggested to me that I "SHOULD" be sending money to my wife each month to help prove our bonafide relationship! He suggested approximately $300.00 USD each month. Maybe it's different because this woman is already my wife and I am trying to bring her here now? And thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcome! Thanks.

For a fiancee visa NO.

For a spousal visa like CR-1 or IR-1 then yes.

Yes - for a fiancee visa, money transferred in either direction can be misinterpreted as somehow "buying" or "rewarding" the other person, while money exchanged between spouses can only be seen as spousal support.

What about if your not applying for a K1 but a K3? I was married to a Chinese woman in China last March. After consulting a lawyer, (who I did NOT hire) he actually suggested to me that I "SHOULD" be sending money to my wife each month to help prove our bonafide relationship! He suggested approximately $300.00 USD each month. Maybe it's different because this woman is already my wife and I am trying to bring her here now? And thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcome! Thanks.

A K-3 visa is a spousal visa, based on the I-130 with subsequent I-129f. You need to prove up a bonafide relationship, per the instructions of the I-130. I suggest you include the receipts when you first file the petition, as it's part of the 'evidenciary package' yer supposed to submit with the I-130. Make copies, send it all out AGAIN with the K-3 paperwork.

Good Luck !

A K-3 visa is a spousal visa, based on the I-130 with subsequent I-129f. You need to prove up a bonafide relationship, per the instructions of the I-130. I suggest you include the receipts when you first file the petition, as it's part of the 'evidenciary package' yer supposed to submit with the I-130. Make copies, send it all out AGAIN with the K-3 paperwork.

Good Luck !

I'm glad I didn't have to do any of that crap!

Things were simpler back then.

• 1 month later...

On the DS-156K Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) Visa Application, states to attack , "Evidence of Financial Support". Is this the I-134, I-864, or sending money when needed support??...

This is I-134 for K-Visas. DS-156(K) is used for K-Visas.

They are talking about support (AFTER) the prospective immigrant comes to the USA, I-134 is all about how the person will be supported after entry to the USA.

NOTE: I-864 is used later when the K-Visa holder adjusts status in the USA.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Supporting your wife is OK and I supported Ling for 6 months at 600 USD per month and I reported it on question 11 on the I-134.

Tom and Ling

Supporting your wife is OK and I supported Ling for 6 months at 600 USD per month and I reported it on question 11 on the I-134.

Tom and Ling

Wife is fine, fiancee is a different matter.

I-134 Question 11 has to do with specific contributions AFTER the NON-Immigrant enters the USA, I-134 is a multi purpose form, Question 11 has more to do with other NON-Immigrant visa types like Student and Visitor's visas, the sponsor can specify how much they are willing to provide to sponsor the student or visitor, in the case of K-Visas question 11 does not apply due to the permanent nature of a K-Visa, when they will be adjusting status.