White denial

why would print date matter ?

its date of correspondence that matters. must show dates over time, screen shots on webcam are the best. in colour both faces, clear dates and language. you just have them on top of evidence file you put on counter VO will see them .

no need to over think things. at interview ask VO i have this that show them folders even they not ask, smile talk nice make relationship, dress well (no jeans) dress or skirt. suite for man. go to both ACH and ACS be clever offer them help.

apparently it mattered in this case !!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my fiancee and I don't really email much, because we have Instant Message and Telephone..... if they don't accept these evidence and spefically ask for emails (which we have but not alot) i'm going to tear someone a new one.....

to the OP

since you are there anyway, you might aswell create drama until you get an answer...

Guest ShaQuaNew

its date of correspondence that matters. must show dates over time, screen shots on webcam are the best. in colour both faces, clear dates and language. you just have them on top of evidence file you put on counter VO will see them .

no need to over think things. at interview ask VO i have this that show them folders even they not ask, smile talk nice make relationship, dress well (no jeans) dress or skirt. suite for man. go to both ACH and ACS be clever offer them help.

Just like the header in an email, you can choose to include information in the FOOTER when you print the email. I agree with Jin here. I doesn't matter at all when it was printed. It's the content of the email, and whether or not verifiable information is contained in the HEADER.

this might be off topic...

but would it be wise to let the VO know what kind of evidence you have during ACH? and let them see it to make sure it's acceptable?

ACS is better (or was) Rob asked many questions there. got many things notarised by them. we have posted this before nothing we got done by them was asked for interview-passports,letter of evolution etc and Rob had big talk asking them anything they need. how can he help. We believe USC going to ACS and CH is important make relationship. they see you see your eyes.

We believe not going is a mistake. especially now in GUZ.

At the time i thought no need him be there. save money. but i changed mind when he was there. to have him there was great help and i cannot imagine if blue/white if he was not.

Really most important days.crazy if not there

I agree with you 100 %, my wife and I felt the same way ,her first interview,we really felt we were very prepared,plenty of evidence(none looked at,but we had it)we felt,i don't really need to go.....i think the biggest mistake i was not there for my wife.

Guest jin979

print dates can be covered by ink.what you dont want GUZ to see. personal talk (understand) or infomations just black out. preperation is the most important. 200 pages of emails is less than 20 pages of clear date spreaded screen shots with you both, family. children and evidence of communication.

I am sorry, but here is my 2 cents.......

Jeff first mentioned that something caught the eye of the VO. Then he asked for the emails....

That again is one of the problems that is usually the main problem. Some underlying thing got him going down the path of white and the emails, just put the fork in it....

And I have seen many different ways to print out emails. Get the one that has the IP address and date and time stamps........don't let the VO think.....otherwise, the email looks like a Word document. Anyone can do these.

And I so love the Chinese and their abilities. They can copy and make anything. As Americans, we should know this and the VOs certainly know this. Don't give them a chance to think it is not genuine...a wake...

And the one post that won after a refusal to my recollection went straight to ACS. ACH at this point is a waste and time gone by.....get to an American employee as fast as you can. You may get gunned down and I hope not literally, but waiting for a Monday for ACH from a Thursday.......

Good GOSH man.......make a stand, if at all you possibly can.....

They keep lawyers away at all possible from the 5th floor, but you have a REAL vested interest. You do not probably have the formal training and they also know this, so have a little liberty with it...Do not simply roll over.......

The worst thing they can do is send you packing and if you at least keep your wits about yourself, you can only help your case....

If they told me my case was not bona fide, I would want a piece of something.........literally.......so I know for myself that I would have to be careful...

How do you propose for him to go to ACS. You now have to schedule appointments at ACS in advance for even the most routine of things. Denial of your visa is not an emergency. I doubt you will even get past the security unless you lie about why you are there.

In addition they clearly tell you on the webpage "IMPORTANT NOTE: The American Citizen Services unit cannot answer questions concerning visas. "

Basically when they deny you, you are screwed ..... I do not like it but what can you really do? If you do insist on your rights to see someone I am sure this will be noted in the computer .... for your appeal or next visa attempt.

How do you propose for him to go to ACS. You now have to schedule appointments at ACS in advance for even the most routine of things. Denial of your visa is not an emergency. I doubt you will even get past the security unless you lie about why you are there.

In addition they clearly tell you on the webpage "IMPORTANT NOTE: The American Citizen Services unit cannot answer questions concerning visas. "

I didn't know about the appointments. I had one, but saw walk-ins in December when I was at ACS.

Now when I went to ACS a month before our interview I got a very cool gentlemen who entered in information about Ying and our case into our file. Another fellow on CFL (Nabeshim? or something? Chesire Cat Icon) had the same experience when he went.

Now as far as not answering questions concerning Visas . . . I directed a guy I met (documented this in a thread back in March) whose girl received a blue up into ACS with letters of explanation and the name of the gentleman who had assisted me the month before. He had quite a bit of success I'd say, and even received some information about the VO who did the interview. This couple is now in Houston and happy. Obviously a blue is quite different than a white.

my fiancee and I don't really email much, because we have Instant Message and Telephone..... if they don't accept these evidence and spefically ask for emails (which we have but not alot) i'm going to tear someone a new one.....

to the OP

since you are there anyway, you might aswell create drama until you get an answer...

I think your missing the point of preparation; who's responsibility is it (or dare I say 'burden') to prove the relationship?

Your missing the easy solution: EMAIL HER MORE.

The other solution is as I often say about financials; if they ask for employer letter, or I-134 or taxes, have a "financial folder" prepared; hand the whole thing over with easy markings as to each item. Let the VO take what they want...

to the OP

I think your missing the point of preparation; who's responsibility is it (or dare I say 'burden') to prove the relationship?

Your missing the easy solution: EMAIL HER MORE.

The other solution is as I often say about financials; if they ask for employer letter, or I-134 or taxes, have a "financial folder" prepared; hand the whole thing over with easy markings as to each item. Let the VO take what they want...

David is absolutely right............ :alldone: :lol:

But here is another thing that people seem to be forgetting... :P :P

Ling and I had between us (Letters written to each other) and sent by snail mail.

I think it is very important in this age of everything so fast..e-mail, instant messenger, phone,,,that couples take the time to write love letters to each other....just my opinion but this is another aspect that is over looked.

By taking the time to hand write a letter to your wife/or husband and sending by snail mail you are doing something that is really necessary.

Although, the snail mail letters were never asked for at Lings interview...I also addressed the letters in my Letter of Evolution of Relationship.

Just another thought to throw out....... :huh: :P :D

They don't necessarily have to be "Love Letters", but these letters show that you are taking the time to write... :D

and also shows that the Chinese spouse can atleast translate English letters..... :P

Tom and Ling

Guest ShaQuaNew

I also addressed the letters in my Letter of Evolution of Relationship.

Just another thought to throw out....... :lol: :lol: B)

This is another important item that you don't hear mentioned enough. It's so very important to show the "evolution of the relationship" by taking the time to compose a letter that explains it in detail.

A good letter will illustrate, how you met and where; then explain the discussion the went on before the USC decided to travel for a face-to-face visit. Compose the letter using a timeline, that includes the dates in the left margin. Formatting the letter in this fashion makes it much easier to scan for the reader. Consider that those who read these letters likely see hundreds every single day, so the easier you make it for them, the better.

For example:

October 12, 1999. I found my fiance's profile on Web site (x), and sent her an email. I noticed that she enjoyed tennis, which I also do. I asked her how long she'd been playing.

NOTE: At this point, you can cross-reference a copy of that email, using a format (see email attachment "A"

October 13, 1999. I was happy to receive a reply from my fiance. She replied and told me that she had only been playing tennis a few months, and is really enjoying it. She asked me about my children.

NOTE: Again, cross reference the email copy if it's available.

Hi guys, Qingyun had her interview this morning. She was nervous, but felt everything was OK. As the interview progressed the VO asked to see our emails. She said his demeanor changed and pointed at the bottom of the pages where the date when I copied it is located. He told her the emails were not legitimate, gave her a white denial slip and sent her on her way. There is no explanation written, just the standard nonbonafide relationship form letter. As you can imagine, Qingyun is an emotional mess. Now I have another reason to hate Guangzhou! Jeff :o

I am so sorry to hear this for you guys. I'm not sure I understand however. When you printed these emails, did you print the entire page, including the "header?" The header contains:

To:

Date:

Time of Day,

...and so on

Did that appear on these copies?

Yes, on the actual email it did have the header. When we would use yahoo email, I printed the letter I received from Qingyun and behide it would be the mechanical translation. I think this is what the VO is questioning, because the translation page would just have the date at the top and nothing at the bottom. Thanks, Jeff

I can give you some ideas on what happened here, it appears to the VO that you and your SO have communication issues that you either cannot read/write/speak Chinese and for her the issue is that she cannot read/write/speak English. One issue that crosses the mind of the VOs is that, since they don't have good communications how is it possible that they have a true relationship? How can any two people who don't speak and understand each other maintain a true relationship, which is why you may have received the white slip.

The fact that you used a translation service/website only further indicates that you two have communication problems. I do hope you are able to resolve the issue, and IMHO it's your best interests to stay with your SO after the denial. Good luck.

I can give you some ideas on what happened here, it appears to the VO that you and your SO have communication issues that you either cannot read/write/speak Chinese and for her the issue is that she cannot read/write/speak English. One issue that crosses the mind of the VOs is that, since they don't have good communications how is it possible that they have a true relationship? How can any two people who don't speak and understand each other maintain a true relationship

this is very well articulated...

The sad thing is: Just 3-4 years ago, it hardly mattered if she could utter even a syllable of english; now, if she's not conversing with you in the same language, it could be 'game over'...

The ever changing direction of the winds of GUZ...

I can give you some ideas on what happened here, it appears to the VO that you and your SO have communication issues that you either cannot read/write/speak Chinese and for her the issue is that she cannot read/write/speak English. One issue that crosses the mind of the VOs is that, since they don't have good communications how is it possible that they have a true relationship? How can any two people who don't speak and understand each other maintain a true relationship, which is why you may have received the white slip.

The fact that you used a translation service/website only further indicates that you two have communication problems. I do hope you are able to resolve the issue, and IMHO it's your best interests to stay with your SO after the denial. Good luck.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The machine translation sounds like a red flag that might have sent the VO looking for an excuse the deny this petition.

I am really sorry to hear about this case ending in a white. It sounds like the VO made a snap-decision instead of attempting to thoroughly investigate the matter. I think that is unacceptable -- denials should not be so easy to hand out.

Aside from the language issue, were there any other circumstances that might have put some doubt in the VO's mind as to the legitimacy of your relationship? I'm wondering if there might have been additional concerns...

Well my cage is officially rattled. We're up on 6/02 and I'm afraid of how they will interpret our emails :(

Hi guys, Qingyun had her interview this morning. She was nervous, but felt everything was OK. As the interview progressed the VO asked to see our emails. She said his demeanor changed and pointed at the bottom of the pages where the date when I copied it is located. He told her the emails were not legitimate, gave her a white denial slip and sent her on her way. There is no explanation written, just the standard nonbonafide relationship form letter. As you can imagine, Qingyun is an emotional mess. Now I have another reason to hate Guangzhou! Jeff :(

I am so sorry to hear this for you guys. I'm not sure I understand however. When you printed these emails, did you print the entire page, including the "header?" The header contains:

To:

Date:

Time of Day,

...and so on

Did that appear on these copies?

Yes, on the actual email it did have the header. When we would use yahoo email, I printed the letter I received from Qingyun and behide it would be the mechanical translation. I think this is what the VO is questioning, because the translation page would just have the date at the top and nothing at the bottom. Thanks, Jeff

communication,isn't just about langauge....there are many ways to communicate......Helen Keller couldn't speak ,she did manage to communicate thru sign langauage,I think its BS about langauge as the only vehicle of communicating,most couples in America speak the same langauge,sit in front of a tv set, and don't say a dam word to each other the whole night.....and this is considered a bonafide relationship.......i know you're trying to see with the "VO'S" EYES,but its pure shit.This guy probably talks more to his girl,than the VO talks to his/her spouse...whether its a translator,whats the difference?....theres people that can't speak,but use sign language......they are not communicating?

some of us use english/chinese/sign language/grunts/smiles/tears/touch/computer/crayons/translators/who cares how people communicate,at the end of the day...two people managed to communicate......its human desire to communicate and to be heard....two people will find a way to communicate !!!!!

hey,just my 2 cents.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The machine translation sounds like a red flag that might have sent the VO looking for an excuse the deny this petition.

I am really sorry to hear about this case ending in a white. It sounds like the VO made a snap-decision instead of attempting to thoroughly investigate the matter. I think that is unacceptable -- denials should not be so easy to hand out.

Aside from the language issue, were there any other circumstances that might have put some doubt in the VO's mind as to the legitimacy of your relationship? I'm wondering if there might have been additional concerns...

Well my cage is officially rattled. We're up on 6/02 and I'm afraid of how they will interpret our emails :(

Ours is 6/4,i am also afraid,I have 756 emails ,that i am concerned,only shows the email address,and the date the email was sent,i am thinking i should have the full header on them,the isp address,where the email bounced to and from etc.....

may God be with us all.

Jimi