Name change on passport

I was wondering if I should renew my passport in my married name. My husband lives in China and I live in the U.S. Should I change it to my married name now before our interview? Or do you think it would hurt his interview in any way if I do not. I have traveled to China since on the passport, luckily I have my drivers license with my married name but a state ID card with my maiden name for photo ID purposes. My passport now has my old Chinese visas and stamps in it and if I get a new one it will be blank.

Let me know what your opinion is. I don't want it to hurt his interview in anyway. Thanks.

I was wondering if I should renew my passport in my married name. My husband lives in China and I live in the U.S. Should I change it to my married name now before our interview? Or do you think it would hurt his interview in any way if I do not. I have traveled to China since on the passport, luckily I have my drivers license with my married name but a state ID card with my maiden name for photo ID purposes. My passport now has my old Chinese visas and stamps in it and if I get a new one it will be blank.

Let me know what your opinion is. I don't want it to hurt his interview in anyway. Thanks.

Yes, but don't worry too much. You will get your old passport back marked void. You won't lose any evidence. You'll still have proof of trips to China. Doing anything that changes your name, merges finances and creates one cohesive couple is a plus when it comes to them looking at the bonafide relationship. You must do anything and everything to prove your marriage is true.

I do not want to alarm you but I do want to alert you the the fact that others have tried to go through HK after being denied in GUZ. Please be prepared to have a good answer to why you decided to marry in HK.

Yes we know this, but my husband is a foreigner living in China. You have to be a resident of China to marry there. We didn't have a choice.