Pink then Blue

Hello all,

My wife interviewed on 11 May. She did outstanding and we were loaded with all sorts of ammo. She was asked 4 questions and received the pink. As we so galliantly walked to the PO to pick up the VISA's we were met with no VISA stamp and a Blue slip. The question on the blue slip was why her son had applied for a VISA in Chendu under a different name. This blew us away. Him and his father applied for a VISA for him a few years ago under his old name to go to USA to study. He was denied as being too young. A year later he was in school having difficulty because his name was the same as about 4 other students. This was confusing the teacher and affecting him with incorrect performance review in school. So he and his father went and did the name change legally. When my wife and her son went to the interview they had the name change documents and the office clerck gathering all documents saw the name change documents and waived them off as unnecessary. Now we have to explain all this which is no problem, but I wanted to put this out there and see if anyone has experienced this and might have some advise as to what to gather and send with the explanation letter.

Thanks

Taz

We got pink than blue due to my wifes name was too close to others. She had to do a 10 fingerprint and prove her id.

was this for a K-3 with K-4 (for son) or two CR-1's ?

You have a unique situation, but the process to overcome is standard, thank god. Alas, it'll add a bit of time.

There was a section in the paperwork about 'previous names' - but - perhaps all could have been addressed at the interview, with a bit more pushing on her part. (Hindsight is a bugga-bear, not trying to find any fault here).

What really chaps my @ss is that all could have been handled at the interview window - but was finally 'caught' on the 'final review' , done after the actual interview.

My only advice - do what ShadeOGray has said.

Good Luck !

I appreciate the responses I have received. My wife sent in the documents and an explanation to what transpired. We are not too worried, just frustrated that this will take time again. This goes to show how incompetent members in that office seems to operate. How long does it usually take for them to answer to the blue slip?

Take Care

Taz