Wanted to wait to check everything today, since the calendar tells me that I am now a year older.

So I called NVC at 603-334-0700 and did the 1-1-1 and entered our CIS receipt number. Tells me no record.........ugh

So I try again, this time waiting to talk to someone. Oh yes, here and gone. Here are the dates and btw do you want your GUZ#? Absolutely and thanks.....

So I checked DHL. The petition landed in Hong Kong on 5/15. Processed for clearance and sent to GUZ 5/15. Shows clearance delay from 5/15 to today at 10:18 PM at GUZ.

So I call DOS to simply do my first check-in call.

I am told that GUZ received both the electronic and hard copy and has sent out P3 on 5/18/09 to my fiancee.

My parents 50th anniversary is soon and I was hoping to have her here for this. And seriously busted my butt, researching and presenting our petition with even holding a couple of things in reserve for the interview, so I am just shaking from how fast this is going.......

So can DOS be correct?

Can the P3 be really in the mail?

The lady I talked to was as shocked as I was with the speed of the petition........

From what I have read DOS is the most reliable.

Wanted to wait to check everything today, since the calendar tells me that I am now a year older.

So I called NVC at 603-334-0700 and did the 1-1-1 and entered our CIS receipt number. Tells me no record.........ugh

So I try again, this time waiting to talk to someone. Oh yes, here and gone. Here are the dates and btw do you want your GUZ#? Absolutely and thanks.....

So I checked DHL. The petition landed in Hong Kong on 5/15. Processed for clearance and sent to GUZ 5/15. Shows clearance delay from 5/15 to today at 10:18 PM at GUZ.

So I call DOS to simply do my first check-in call.

I am told that GUZ received both the electronic and hard copy and has sent out P3 on 5/18/09 to my fiancee.

My parents 50th anniversary is soon and I was hoping to have her here for this. And seriously busted my butt, researching and presenting our petition with even holding a couple of things in reserve for the interview, so I am just shaking from how fast this is going.......

So can DOS be correct?

Can the P3 be really in the mail?

The lady I talked to was as shocked as I was with the speed of the petition........

From what I have read DOS is the most reliable.

Read my post!!! I just talked about the new process from NVC to GUZ, this is another example, thank you!

With all due respect, I had read your post.

But there are kinds of exceptions in this process and I often have difficulty trying to determine what is normal.

IMO unless you have a crystal ball, there is no way to know what to expect for a true timeline........

Just great to know that you agree that this could be actually happening....

Maybe we are starting to see an improvement in this process. And maybe the increase in fees have happened. Or maybe GUZ is really seeing how important family visas are to the ones concerned and not just the work visas.....

Whatever the reason, I have never felt so fortunate.....

Best of luck to us all.....

Interesting it went through Hong Kong instead of GZ. I suspect that is the reason. HK doesn't have the back log or the customs delays GZ has. What ever the reason cross your fingers and hope your luck holds.

Interesting it went through Hong Kong instead of GZ. I suspect that is the reason. HK doesn't have the back log or the customs delays GZ has. What ever the reason cross your fingers and hope your luck holds.

I think that's common - Guangzhou is very close to Hong Kong, so the packages usually pass through Hong Kong.

They still have to "clear Chinese customs" - that would be some trick to get the Chinese to so suddenly cooperate - perhaps GUZ just isn't using them for a warehouse any more?

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I think that's common - Guangzhou is very close to Hong Kong, so the packages usually pass through Hong Kong.

They still have to "clear Chinese customs" - that would be some trick to get the Chinese to so suddenly cooperate - perhaps GUZ just isn't using them for a warehouse any more?

Agree.

Guest shutterbug

I read somewhere that packages under 2kg are cleared fairly quickly, and in the order they arrive. But I am unable to find customs regulations published online to confirm that. What contradicts this is that some years ago I sent a package or two weighing more that 2 kilos, as a private citizen, and never encountered delays this long.

Guest shutterbug

DHL's hub for the region is in Hong Kong. Just like sending an overnight package from New York City to Washington D.C. via FedEx, it used to be flown to Memphis first and then back - I understand Memphis is THE hub for FeDex, but never understood why they had to sort the package in Memphis when both origin and destination are in the mid-Atlantic region, only ~200 miles apart. This may not be the case any more, last year I saw a package spending the night in Newark, NJ instead of Memphis, TN.

Guest ShaQuaNew

DHL's hub for the region is in Hong Kong. Just like sending an overnight package from New York City to Washington D.C. via FedEx, it used to be flown to Memphis first and then back - I understand Memphis is THE hub for FeDex, but never understood why they had to sort the package in Memphis when both origin and destination are in the mid-Atlantic region, only ~200 miles apart. This may not be the case any more, last year I saw a package spending the night in Newark, NJ instead of Memphis, TN.

http://news.van.fedex.com/Guangzhou

Guest ShaQuaNew

they all go through HK.

That's likely to change very soon, because FedEx just opened their largest HUB outside the US, right in the heart of good ole Guangzhou:

http://news.van.fedex.com/Guangzhou

The new FedEx Asia Pacific hub represents a US$150 million capital investment and will be the center point of the company`s operations in the region for the next 30 years. There will be 136 flights per week into and out of the new hub, providing access to more than 220 countries and territories served by FedEx.

The first flight that arrived at the new FedEx Asia Pacific hub originated from Indianapolis International Airport. The MD-11 aircraft landed at 11:07 p.m. at Baiyun International Airport from Charles de Gaulle International Airport in Paris.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressReleas...2009+BW20090209

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)