New Ambassador to China

It would appear that President Obama is looking to appoint the Republican Governor of Utah as the ambassador to China.

I heard about this on the way home, and the news blurb seemed to imply that it made sense, since he is fluent in Mandarin from when he did his missionary work in China.

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that President Obama is looking to appoint the Republican Governor of Utah as the ambassador to China.

I heard about this on the way home, and the news blurb seemed to imply that it made sense, since he is fluent in Mandarin from when he did his missionary work in China.

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

Jon Huntsman? From Utah?? Former Mormon missionary in China??? :o

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've heard in a looooong time! :rolleyes:

<snip>

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've heard in a looooong time! :rolleyes:

<snip>

He has too many business and political ambitions for that ...

whats his position on immigration from China ?

I did a google search and could find nothing but a few small posts/articles but it appears he supports legalization of illegal immigrants. As long as supports my right to have my wife live with me it is ok for me.....we all should a piece of the pie right?

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

Jon Huntsman? From Utah?? Former Mormon missionary in China??? :P

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've heard in a looooong time! :D

<snip>

If a moderator does not do their job on this 'member's' post; then I will feel free to respond, in the only way I think is appropriate. :D

Edited by donahso (see edit history)

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've heard in a looooong time! ;)

<snip>

If a moderator does not do their job on this 'member's' post; then I will feel free to respond, in the only way I think is appropriate. :D

I left 'Mormon' but removed the snide comment. After all, I'm related to Brigham.

Thank you Sir !! I am not a zealot, nor overly sensitive; however, I am [close] to that specific Church and also to many family members and friends who also share that faith. I just felt to single out and bash a specific religion, on this board, was a little over the top. ;)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Google news agregation

What say you guys?

This has got to be the funniest stuff I've heard in a looooong time! :huh:

<snip>

I'm sorry that you feel some religions aren't a historical farce. For those who are from the area where a certain religion was formed and are familiar with the real history (not to mention NY State felony conviction records), the truth has not been muddled with marketing.

Was a missionary to Taiwan. Adopted daughter from China. Fluent Mandarin. A lot of ambassadors have been appointed to countries with far less impressive credentials specific to those countries.

Being a Mormon missionary = impressive credential? :D

Was a missionary to Taiwan. Adopted daughter from China. Fluent Mandarin. A lot of ambassadors have been appointed to countries with far less impressive credentials specific to those countries.

Hey, he speaks fluent mandarin. That's 90% of the battle! I think Obama made a wise choice.

Hey, he speaks fluent mandarin. That's 90% of the battle! I think Obama made a wise choice.

I'm not saying he can't / won't do a good job. After all, he can only do what the president directs. I just think it funny that being a Moromon missionary is is used to somehow make him appear more qualified ... especially since China doesn't allow the type of missionary activity that Mormons are famous for.