FINALLY FINALLY!!

ps. You guys hear the news? China embassy update: new visa processing time has been extended to 6 days for all Chinese visas due to the current swine influenza issue

what do you mean by extended?

The time it takes to get your visa (processing time). In the past you could get a visa next day right?

damn, so after the interview, we have to wait 6 days?

Dang! I knew I should have read what the topic was!

No - this is for Meiguoren wanting to go to China. If you're in China now, you already have your visa, so no wait!

Bur back to the topic, the wait has been anywhere from 2 to 12 days for the visa to show up at the post office (usually 2 days)

oh ok, thanks for the scare :cheering:.

i got the one year multi-entry, i am getting 3 uses out of it... it's expiring on June 11, 09 . . .

Yeah, mine expires in November and I've already used it twice. Hopefully China soothes down on their Swine flu scare by the time I go back in August.

Oh yeah, has anyone bought tickets from flychina.com?

Hi jp2008,

Congratulations :cheering: :cheering:

I have bought my tickets from flychina.com, but I think pommey is right.

Get your tickets direct from "China Southern" they have a great deal going on ....also if you buy 2 months in advance its half price or more to LAX.

We used China Southern coming home to the USA.

Tom and Ling

China Southern isn't gonna work for me. I'm over here in SFO, they only go to LAX. Thanks for the heads up though!

Oh yeah, has anyone bought tickets from flychina.com?

Hi jp2008,

Congratulations :D :D

I have bought my tickets from flychina.com, but I think pommey is right.

Get your tickets direct from "China Southern" they have a great deal going on ....also if you buy 2 months in advance its half price or more to LAX.

We used China Southern coming home to the USA.

Tom and Ling

China Southern isn't gonna work for me. I'm over here in SFO, they only go to LAX. Thanks for the heads up though!

I am just outside of Sacramento, but I still fly out of LAX, about 90% of the time on CZ (drive or fly to LA). I have found them to consistently have the best rates, when booking via an ethnic Chinese travel agent, in a predominantly Chinese community such as Monterey Park, in Los Angeles County. The other thing I like about China Southern is the open galley in the rear of the plane. You can wander back, chat with the attendants, grab a sandwich, and most any drink, at most anytime during the flight !!!

Over the years and months, I observe the [newer] members each excitedly coming in here with their favorite online venue for buying their first tickets; similarly, I have tired of reposting the same info over and over, as many seem not to want to use the search button anymore on some of the more basic info, such as the best fares to the PRC.

When it comes to these airline deals, especially from the online venues, you must compare apples to apples..... Price, including the taxes and fees. True flight availability, and not a bait and switch. Refundable and/or revisable once you purchase, not the loss of the ticket if you can't go on the date booked. Good for at least one year, if you change your plans. A real person to assist you in case of a last minute change or problem on your side or the airline's side.

On all but my first trip to China, I have used the same Chinese American travel agent, and he has never failed me with his customer service and or/the price he gets with CZ out of LAX to CAN.

As I mentioned in another thread awhile back, he even took the time to call me on my mobile phone while I was in GZ for my wife/daughter's interview last June, to make sure I had been able to link up the same round trip CZ flight I had purchased, to the one-way tickets on CZ we purchased in GZ for my wife and daughter's return to the USA (she got a fantastic one-way deal through the Baiyun Airport Agency office in downtown GZ).

I was alerted (in 2004) to this aspect by a Chinese/American businessman while waiting for my flight at LAX. He has a business in LA and flies back and forth to Guangzhou a couple of times a month. I compared my Orbitz fare to the fare he had (purchased from the ethnic travel agent) for the same flight we would share that evening and it made me sick. Never again did I go on line to find a flight. He gave me the man's name and number in LA, and I have used this since 04/04, and will use again, when we return to GZ for a visit after the GC's arrive, later in the year.

But hey, everyone should do what makes [them] feel good. B)

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS on the interview !!! :blink:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

My fiancee asked for her visa to be mailed to my parents' place in Shenzhen, but I had no idea that the EMS package must be delivered and signed by her in person. Now she is stuck in Shenzhen until the visa arrives. Hopefully mailed visas don't take too much longer than pick-up visas.

My fiancee asked for her visa to be mailed to my parents' place in Shenzhen, but I had no idea that the EMS package must be delivered and signed by her in person. Now she is stuck in Shenzhen until the visa arrives. Hopefully mailed visas don't take too much longer than pick-up visas.

oh no ;)

??? Haven't people paid services to pick it up and forward it for them??

ps. You guys hear the news? China embassy update: new visa processing time has been extended to 6 days for all Chinese visas due to the current swine influenza issue

what do you mean by extended?

The time it takes to get your visa (processing time). In the past you could get a visa next day right?

"Starting May 4, the China visa processing time has been changed to 6 days. Rush and Expreess services will be temporarily unavailable. Every applicant must also fill out a Declaration Form and state where you have been within the last two weeks"

This is from our local visa service.

I am in Guangzhou right now and we got our Visa mailed to a local post office 3 days after the successful interview. Some are even getting theirs one day after.

• 2 weeks later...