Visa Pickup

We never tracked it. Just went to the PO near the consulate daily, and it was there 2 days after the interview.

You can track your if your visa is ready. After the interview when the Chinese citizen got PINK and fill out the mail slips, you can write down the tracking # from that slip. There should be an update on PO's website the a day later (usually later in the evening). My hus and I checked closed back then.

You can actually find the number on the receipt, ECXXXXXXXXXCN

it is the first number on the left side, above the GUZ number.

We first found the number at the tracking site at about 7pm the day after the interview, it said that it was collected by the city of Guangzhou at 5:49 pm, about 1 hour to show up in the system. Our question is this, Does this mean the package is ready? or was it just picked up at the consulate? The system doesn't seem to follow typical USPS tracking alerts, at least the words aren't the same. What does the online tracking site say when the package is ready for pickup? Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

We just called and the package is ready! I would like to understand the tracking better so people in the future can use or just call for info. I am thinking that the 5:49pm posting at EMS tracking meant that the package was ready last night. It would be nice to know If you wanted to get out of dodge quickly. Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

congratulations Mike and Yizhen!

Usually people only post when they have difficulty picking up the visa in a timely manner. Our visa was picked up the day after the interview, about 5:45pm. When can we expect to see an update that the visa is ready for pickup? Thanks, Mike & Yizhen