U.S. Citizenship acquired.

As of Monday April 27, 2009 my Chinese wife is now a U.S. citizen.

The ceremony was this morning beginning at 9:00 am at the Federal courthouse. 51 people were there to be naturalized. It was interesting. My wife got a really cool certificate with her photo attached. After turning in their green cards, the presiding judge handed out the certificates. All went well. My wife is now a U.S. citizen! We've come a long ways since filing the I-130. I'm proud of her.

The judge, in his speech, mentioned something that I didn't think of. Not only becoming a US citizen allows you to vote, it also allows you to sit on a jury! I never thought of that!.... :angry:

Congratulations to your wife!

Sitting on a jury, did that last month.

My wife might be able to pass the citizenship test in the future, but I don't think she would be able to comprehend all the lawyer jargon part of a trial.

Thanks for your reply, amerchin. At least I got one!

And well wishes to you and your wife when the time comes for her citizenship. I hope she goes forward with it. It will go smoothly. The best to you both!

As a footnote; This board isn't very conducive to morality.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, the picture on her naturalization certificate, is that by chance, of the two passport photos you have to send in with the applications?

My husband had just gotten off work when he went to have his taken and it is an AWFUL pic. I told him it would probably be on his naturalization certificate and that I would be able to make fun of him for years to come. LOL.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, the picture on her naturalization certificate, is that by chance, of the two passport photos you have to send in with the applications?

My husband had just gotten off work when he went to have his taken and it is an AWFUL pic. I told him it would probably be on his naturalization certificate and that I would be able to make fun of him for years to come. LOL.

Hi Katrina and thanks for the congrats.

Yes, it is the passport style photo that is asked for by the USCIS when sending in the N-400 so make sure you have them. And go get some new pics made!!!...lol

Good Luck%%-

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Hi Katrina and thanks for the congrats.

Yes, it is the passport style photo that is asked for by the USCIS when sending in the N-400 so make sure you have them. And go get some new pics made!!!...lol

Good Luck%%-

I might add that my wife said she was asked by the IO for pictures at the interview. She told him that she didn't have any pictures with her. The IO said that was okay and then had her sign the picture she had sent with the N-400 which is the same picture on the certificate.

I guess the reason the IO asked for pictures was because the pictures sent with the N-400 were a year old. They wern't the most current pics but a year isn't that far off, imo, but I remember reading something about that a while back on the USCIS website somewhere under the citizenship section. Just a little "heads up". :huh:

The PRC doesn't recognize a "Duel Citizenship" does it?

ZZ

Nope. :D

Bummer! ...it limits choices.

She wanted US citizenship because it opens up more choices actually. The choice/freedom to elect your government officials for one, amongst many. How is that equated to "limits"?