Money

How much money are you allow to take into China? I am going to be there for a month and have to purchase tickets to Guangzhou also. So I am trying to find out what the limit is before I go.

How much money are you allow to take into China? I am going to be there for a month and have to purchase tickets to Guangzhou also. So I am trying to find out what the limit is before I go.

Why bring anything significant? Use the ATM there. Most banks will allow you to withdraw at little or no cost with your US card.

Just go to or call your bank and let them know when you'll be going and for how long. Most banks will un-freeze your ATM usage in a foreign country so the fraud bells don't go off when you try to use it. Be sure and take their fraud department's number with you in case you lose it or it's stolen. Not that anything like that would happen in China. :blink:

Have fun.

Anyone been following all the card skimmers being found on ATMs in the US over at www.consumerist.com? Its almost a daily report. I wonder if it's getting to be a problem in China. All the parts are right there to easily make them.