AOS Medical Form Question

To my many readings here, I understand that sometimes USCIS will send back the AOS packet asking K Visa applicant to do the full exam, even if stated in the instruction stated not so, right? Anyways, my hus will have the forms fill out my the doctor tmr, and from my phone coversation w/ different dr offices, most of them don't know about not completing the whole thing...so, is this same to many here too? They seem confused by me but I feel that I'm confused by them.

My hus is on a K3 here now, so he should only get I-693 Part 1, 2 & 5 filled out, right? The doctor needs to seal the envelope or it is not considered offical? I found this doctor in WA who says will cost $50 total for looking at the Chinese shot records and puting onto the forms.

So, USCIS should still have the med exam package my hus did in last summer? It should be inside that brown packet we gave to the office at his POE?

Thanks...

To my many readings here, I understand that sometimes USCIS will send back the AOS packet asking K Visa applicant to do the full exam, even if stated in the instruction stated not so, right? Anyways, my hus will have the forms fill out my the doctor tmr, and from my phone coversation w/ different dr offices, most of them don't know about not completing the whole thing...so, is this same to many here too? They seem confused by me but I feel that I'm confused by them.

My hus is on a K3 here now, so he should only get I-693 Part 1, 2 & 5 filled out, right? The doctor needs to seal the envelope or it is not considered offical? I found this doctor in WA who says will cost $50 total for looking at the Chinese shot records and puting onto the forms.

So, USCIS should still have the med exam package my hus did in last summer? It should be inside that brown packet we gave to the office at his POE?

Thanks...

Edited by joannaliu (see edit history)

What Randy said.

It is fairly common for civil surgeons to be confused by K-visa requirements. Many will insist that a full exam is required. You can call around and find another that is more up to speed. I have heard of cases where the USCIS wanted a new exam but that is only if they lost the record or it has been over a year since the exam. I have also seen links to some doctor in Texas that will do it by mail. My faulty memory says he charges $35.00. The $50.00 fee by the Washington doctor sounds reasonable.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up question: I'm in the process of filing the AOS for my wife (k-1). For the I-693, all we need is to have a civil surgeon to translate the vaccination record (yellow book). The actual medical exam record has already been submitted during the GUZ interview, correct?

At this point in the process I would not sweat things too much. If you hit a bump in the road a quick RFE will fix the problem. It is nothing compared to getting a blue or white slip and not being able to be with your SO for an extended period of time. However, I would recommend to go ahead and get the medical done if it does not cost too much.

People should relax, it is all down hill from here. ;)

What Randy said.

It is fairly common for civil surgeons to be confused by K-visa requirements. Many will insist that a full exam is required. You can call around and find another that is more up to speed. I have heard of cases where the USCIS wanted a new exam but that is only if they lost the record or it has been over a year since the exam. I have also seen links to some doctor in Texas that will do it by mail. My faulty memory says he charges $35.00. The $50.00 fee by the Washington doctor sounds reasonable.

I posted the TX doctor's address and contact info in the other vaccinations thread.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=36765&hl=