Co-sponsor support

Hello everyone,

My SO and I are on our final leg of this very long process. QiuQiu just sent in her P3 and now we are waiting for the P4 and Interview date.

Now all that is left is to gather all proof of our relationship, financial documents, and build a case for the VO. QiuQiu mentioned that it would look better if we could get a co-sponsor just in case. I agree. While my salary sufficiently meets all the financial requirements for the visa, more is better...right?

So, I asked my parents if they would be willing to co-sponsor us and sign the I-134 (affidavit of support) and get supporting documents. They said they would be more than happy to help. My father got a letter of employment from his company with his current salary and time there. However, they are very hesitant to give any tax information.

QiuQiu is worried that this is not enough for them to be a co-sponsor. I've asked my parents to re-consider, but after having been victims of ID theft once, they really do not feel comfortable giving out that kind of information.

Is their tax return information really needed for them to be a co-sponsor? Will the letter of employment from my father be sufficient enough?

Any information you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Hello everyone,

My SO and I are on our final leg of this very long process. QiuQiu just sent in her P3 and now we are waiting for the P4 and Interview date.

Now all that is left is to gather all proof of our relationship, financial documents, and build a case for the VO. QiuQiu mentioned that it would look better if we could get a co-sponsor just in case. I agree. While my salary sufficiently meets all the financial requirements for the visa, more is better...right?

So, I asked my parents if they would be willing to co-sponsor us and sign the I-134 (affidavit of support) and get supporting documents. They said they would be more than happy to help. My father got a letter of employment from his company with his current salary and time there. However, they are very hesitant to give any tax information.

QiuQiu is worried that this is not enough for them to be a co-sponsor. I've asked my parents to re-consider, but after having been victims of ID theft once, they really do not feel comfortable giving out that kind of information.

Is their tax return information really needed for them to be a co-sponsor? Will the letter of employment from my father be sufficient enough?

Any information you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You can find additional information regarding co-sponsorship at the following link:

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/template.htm?v...;hash=0-0-0-210

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)