I-693 Question

Hey, I just have a question about I-693.

My wife has a k3 visa and already had her medical exam in china. We went to get her vaccines and then brought the proof of her vaccines and Chinese medical exam booklet to a civil surgeon. She filled out the I-693 but a whole bunch of it is blank. Is this ok to send? :lol: I was told that if my wife already had an exam in China she doesn't need a second one here in the USA, but the civil surgeon won't fill out the rest of the form unless another exam is given. The only parts filled out is for the vaccines. Thanks a lot! :)

Shaun

The easiest way to deal with a US Civil Surgeon who is trying to trick you into a FULL medical is to simply print out the I-693 and instructions, highlight the part in the instructions where it says that a K-Visa holder does NOT need a full medical, just vaccinations section done and visit the doctor armed with this, you will find that they will do just the vaccinations section when confronted with the directions.

I had to do this with the doctor here in Rochester NY.

Also when you do call around to ask about this, many receptionists are clueless and like to quote the cost of a full medical.

One last note with K-3, you can delay filing I-485 until closer to 2 years of marriage, if you do so and the I-485 is approved after 2 years of marriage, this will save you frm having to file an I-751, 2 years after getting a conditional green card. Just don't file the I-485 more than 1 year after visa medical or you will then have to do a full medical.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Well, just yesterday I got a RFE for a medical and vaccinations report for our AOS. We only did the vaccinations . We showed the doctor where it said that we only needed that done. Unfortunately the person at USCIS does not seem to know about it.

We will go back monday and get both done this time. We have only until May 6th to comply or risk getting our AOS denied, then we will have to start all over again.

Edited by Jeff USC (see edit history)

Well, just yesterday I got a RFE for a medical and vaccinations report for our AOS. We only did the vaccinations . We showed the doctor where it said that we only needed that done. Unfortunately the person at USCIS does not seem to know about it.

We will go back monday and get both done this time. We have only until May 6th to comply or risk getting our AOS denied, then we will have to start all over again.

They have the option of ordering a second medical exam if they so choose. The only choice you get is to comply.

the same thing happened to us. we called uscis and discovered that our original medical exam and I-129F packet was not merged with the AOS papers and they dont know where it is. it seems that we have to pay for their screw ups.