My wife and I have decided to apply for CR1. The problem is VisaJourney's Faq section just tells you how to do K1 and K3. I've been trying to get a jump on what forms I'll need next. I have not received NOA2 yet, but I want to be prepared. I have seen a lot of references to DS-230 1 and 2. But I do not know if I need to fill this out or not. I know I should wait for NOA2 and follow those instructions, but I am just trying to prepare ahead of time. I go back to China at the end of June and I was hoping to have some of these forms with me for my wife. Any advice on what forms to prepare would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Appaullo

My wife and I have decided to apply for CR1. The problem is VisaJourney's Faq section just tells you how to do K1 and K3. I've been trying to get a jump on what forms I'll need next. I have not received NOA2 yet, but I want to be prepared. I have seen a lot of references to DS-230 1 and 2. But I do not know if I need to fill this out or not. I know I should wait for NOA2 and follow those instructions, but I am just trying to prepare ahead of time. I go back to China at the end of June and I was hoping to have some of these forms with me for my wife. Any advice on what forms to prepare would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Appaullo

My wife is here on a CR1.

My time line as follows.

I-130 Petition @ NSC

05/31/06 - Married, Chongqing, China

06/20/06 - Returned to US

06/28/06 - I-130 submitted

07/24/06 - P1 received

10/05/06 - P2 received - Approved!

10/20/06 - NVC received

10/25/06 - GUZ case Number

11/01/06 - I-864 fee bill received

11/01/06 - DS-3032 received

11/02/06 - sent I-864 - DS-3032 USPS Express mail

11/03/06 - I-864 - DS -3032 received, Portsmouth.

11/20/06 - IV fee bill Generated

12/01/06 - IV fee bill and I-864 papers received

12/11/06 - IV fee bill and I-864 sent to NVC

12/18/06 - DS-230 sent out from NVC

01/09/07 - DS-230 received ( 22 Days )

01/16/07 - DS-230 retured to NVC USPS Express Mail

01/17/07 - NVC receives DS-230

02/20/07 - NVC case complete

02/28/07 - NVC case sent to GUZ

05/29/07 - CR1 case logged in to GUZ during K3 interview ( BLUE SLIP )

07/23/07 - CR1 overcome/PINK SLIP!!!!

08/02/07 - Wife arrives here in the U.S.

This is the order you will need to follow.

Of course with out the Blue slip we got!!

Goodluck.

Thanks,

Appaullo

Appaullo:

No problem!

the only thing i can add that is different now is the fees.

It has been a while since i been down this road.

Now I'm starting down a new road, AOS - 10 year GC.

So my Journey begins again!!!

Had a nice two year vacation from the government!!

Good luck

Look at the EZ-FAQ, here:

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm#NVC

this is the "nvc" section and you'll see what the CR1s need to do.

Right now, you've submitted a petition, so you need to wait for approval; we call that NOA2 or P2. After that, the case goes to NVC.

If you try to pursue the I-129F/K3, then that is a different path, but you can [optionally] submit this to USCIS, get NOA2 approval and go through NVC in 10 days... and then on to GUZ... read those sections.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Right now, you've submitted a petition, so you need to wait for approval; we call that NOA2 or P2. After that, the case goes to NVC.

If you try to pursue the I-129F/K3, then that is a different path, but you can [optionally] submit this to USCIS, get NOA2 approval and go through NVC in 10 days... and then on to GUZ... read those sections.

But, aren't you a K-1 filer?

;)

:lol:

Yes he is - one who can answer questions about CR-1.

Guest ShaQuaNew

:lol:

Yes he is - one who can answer questions about CR-1.

Yes. Good OLE David. He's a good guy.

:)

I have a couple of questions about filling in the I130; can anyone help?

Question #7 Part C: Is this question for the newlyweds? In question 1 for alien relative I put her name (maiden) do you put this again in question 7?

Question 8 Part C. Date place, If married, does this apply to the newlyweds?

Section D, question 8: It ask if a petition has been denied, if a K1 was denied at Consulate do you say yes or if it was Approved by USCIS but denied by consulate do you say No?

And finally; Place you and spouse last lived, if it was a hotel or her place for even a day do you put that address? this is question 21 Part C.

1. I would not put the same exact name twice (Q1 & Q7)... it doesn't meet the 'other' aspect of it.

2. This form is used for more than just spouses... but for our purposes, most on CFL are using it for spouse filing. So, enter date of marriage.

3. Previous petition question. You should say you submitted a petition before. I would give the submission date and approval date, for which service center. Personally, I don't know if I'd say anymore (it's technically not revoked, although returned for review). You can more easily explain in the evolution of relationship and address the previous filing there.

4. Last lived together. This is not really applicable, although I've heard people say they want to state something here as evidence.. I'm not sure what that is evidence of if someone said I stayed one night with her in a hotel :rolleyes:.