a big problem regarding CCP - please , any advice!

Hi,

My husband and I just sent out our P3 to Guangzhou last week. We checked the "no" box regarding whether or not he was a communist. He said he was positive he wasn't because he hadn't paid the fees in over 5 months. He just found out today that his University paid his monthly fees - so he's still part of the CCP! I'm really freaked out because how are we going to explain this to Guangzhou? Please, advice anyone!!! I'm really worried. Is a written letter going to be enough to convince them?

okay, i'm an idiot. Sorry for crying wolf. That question was on our rough draft DS-230 part II. I still am worried though. After talking with him again, he says the University told him they would pay April 3. So they haven't paid yet, but he can't figure out a way to tell them not to pay without making him look bad. Advice on this?

Edited by cguo7 (see edit history)
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

My husband and I just sent out our P3 to Guangzhou last week. We checked the "no" box regarding whether or not he was a communist. He said he was positive he wasn't because he hadn't paid the fees in over 5 months. He just found out today that his University paid his monthly fees - so he's still part of the CCP! I'm really freaked out because how are we going to explain this to Guangzhou? Please, advice anyone!!! I'm really worried. Is a written letter going to be enough to convince them?

okay, i'm an idiot. Sorry for crying wolf. That question was on our rough draft DS-230 part II. I still am worried though. After talking with him again, he says the University told him they would pay April 3. So they haven't paid yet, but he can't figure out a way to tell them not to pay without making him look bad. Advice on this?

I dont really think there is an OFFICAL way for GUZ to know anyway, I could be wrong though. Just cuz some jack ass paid his dues don't make him a commie. B) Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Hi,

Answer yes, and explain the circumstances if asked at interview.

You might also draft a letter to have ready.

Hi,

Ditto, you need to be honest about this, Guangzhou looks for "Misrepresentation".

The CCP issue usually results is a request for a waiver.

Hi Dnoblett,

thanks for the info. Can you clarify your last sentence, I didn't understand it. Thanks again.

Hi,

Ditto, you need to be honest about this, Guangzhou looks for "Misrepresentation".

The CCP issue usually results is a request for a waiver.

The communist party issue is an automatic blue slip but is usually overcome. There are waivers if for instance he was required to be a member to keep his job. Figure about 3-4 months added time. Here is one of our member's ordeal. It has a lot of good information.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=21187&hl=

I doubt that the Chinese government shares their member roles with the US but the golden rule for dealing with immigration matters is NEVER EVER EVER LIE TO THEM! It can come back to bite you on the butt and is valid reason for deportation. Good luck.

The question asks if he ever "was" a communist not if he currently is, so is does not matter if the dues are being paid or not for that particular question. Just be honest. I do not know what kind of trouble you will have since it seems he is currently a member.

Actually, unless VJ's form is out of date, it says: "who is a member of or affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party."

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-230.pdf

Dave is correct, I should clarify my earlier post. You won't run into the "have you ever been a member..." question until AOS if you are K-1. The DS-230 does ask if you are a member now.

An alien who seeks to enter the United States to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, terrorist

activities, the overthrow of the Government of the United States or other unlawful activity; who is a member of or

affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party; who participated, engaged or ordered genocide, torture, or

extrajudicial killings; or who is a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S.

Secretary of State.

Dave is correct, I should clarify my earlier post. You won't run into the "have you ever been a member..." question until AOS if you are K-1. The DS-230 does ask if you are a member now.

An alien who seeks to enter the United States to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, terrorist

activities, the overthrow of the Government of the United States or other unlawful activity; who is a member of or

affiliated with the Communist or other totalitarian party; who participated, engaged or ordered genocide, torture, or

extrajudicial killings; or who is a member or representative of a terrorist organization as currently designated by the U.S.

Secretary of State.

To underscore: Yes, the question is asked 2 different ways 1) are now a member and 2) ever was a member. On both do not lie; if either gets checked be prepared (or include) documentation, explanations and if you were a member and resigned then include that letter of resignation also (if you have it).

Where does it say ever was a member? I don't see that anywhere in the DS-230.

Secretary of State.

To underscore: Yes, the question is asked 2 different ways 1) are now a member and 2) ever was a member. On both do not lie; if either gets checked be prepared (or include) documentation, explanations and if you were a member and resigned then include that letter of resignation also (if you have it).