When we were in GUZ for the K-3, we got the vaccinations and the Yellow Book. Have there been changes to the required vaccinations since 8/8/2007? Do any of the vaccinations Yizhen received require a booster or second shot? I don't want the shots to be a surprise, thanks, Mike & Yizhen

When we were in GUZ for the K-3, we got the vaccinations and the Yellow Book. Have there been changes to the required vaccinations since 8/8/2007? Do any of the vaccinations Yizhen received require a booster or second shot? I don't want the shots to be a surprise, thanks, Mike & Yizhen

You can only get your first heppatitus shot, then you must wait 3 months, get a second, then 3 months for a third to have immunity for life.

While getting the first one will get her into the country, if she doesn't finish the 3, then some point in the future she will just have to start again.

My wife wanted to get into a medical career so she had to finish up all the doses.

It seems like there was something else she had to get, but I forget, but to answer your question yes there are follow-up shots she should get.

Go to your county health immunization clinic (back in USA), and the shots are almost free.

Some require boosters, or second shot, will need these for doctor to sign off on the vaccinations requirements for the IMMIGRANT visa.

Was Hepatitis required required in 2007? Is it required now? Mike & Yizhen

Where can I find an up-to-date list of the required vaccinations?

Hepatitis was not required when we did ours in 2007, nor is it now.

Thanks, have there been any changes? New required vaccinations? Where Can I find the list? Mike & Yizhen

Young females must now get the HPV vaccination. It is a series of three shots. My 12 year old had #2 the first of the month and will go for #3 in August or Sept. However, the first one is all that is [required] for the AOS USCS med exam/vacc' record update. I guess they assume that if you get one, you will get them all.

Mike,

the problem is that the CS vary across not just the US but across the same street; so much for federal definitions.

You best off getting the first round of everything at least a month prior to any CS visit and see if they sign off... if not, then get second booster if needed from family physician or clinic.

David we will be in China for the IR-1 medical exam, at the same clinic that gave us the vaccinations after the K-3. What rules will we have to follow? Normal CR-1/IR-1 requirements? Is GUZ following the new USCIS recommended vaccinations list? Or will we just need the same 3 shots we already had? Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

By the way, George Lee said his wife only got the three vaccinations for 3/25/2009 interview.

Will we even see the I-693?

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

David we will be in China for the IR-1 medical exam, at the same clinic that gave us the vaccinations after the K-3. What rules will we have to follow? Normal CR-1/IR-1 requirements? Is GUZ following the new USCIS recommended vaccinations list? Or will we just need the same 3 shots we already had? Thanks, Mike & Yizhen

By the way, George Lee said his wife only got the three vaccinations for 3/25/2009 interview.

Will we even see the I-693?

you will follow the standard ir-1 medical exam and vaccinations. most likely she wont need any new vaccinations if you have the previous records, however you wont know for sure until the actual exam. you wont see the I-693 because guz doesnt use that form and after the medical is done it will be given to you in a sealed envelope, same as for your previous k3.