The letter(P-2.5), tells you that your case has been sent to GUZ, it also gives you your GUZ number, so you can call the (dept. of state) DOS visa information call center 202-663-1225 then 1 then 0 to get information on you case. You will find out the date the P-3 is sent, if you are prepared, your fiancee can send the P-3 docs back before she receives the package. After you return the P-3 docs, then you are given an interview date, (the P-4) you can get this date up to a week before your fiancee receives the P-4 from the DOS visa info line. You could have an extra week to prepare for your trip if you are going to be there for the interview.Mike & Yizhen

The letter(P-2.5), tells you that your case has been sent to GUZ, it also gives you your GUZ number, so you can call the (dept. of state) DOS visa information call center 202-663-1225 then 1 then 0 to get information on you case. You will find out the date the P-3 is sent, if you are prepared, your fiancee can send the P-3 docs back before she receives the package. After you return the P-3 docs, then you are given an interview date, (the P-4) you can get this date up to a week before your fiancee receives the P-4 from the DOS visa info line. You could have an extra week to prepare for your trip if you are going to be there for the interview.Mike & Yizhen

thanks so much for that info that is helpful to know and i am planning on going to china to be there when she has the interview so that things after that will be easier and i am guess i am selfish and dont want to wait for a phone call.

You are not waiting for a phone call, you are getting the information early by calling before the packages are delivered. You call the NVC and ask for the GUZ number, and you call the DOS to find out when the interview is, hopefully you will be calling everyday, and you will know 5 to 10 days early, five extra days to get plane tickets and prepare for the interview/trip

You are not waiting for a phone call, you are getting the information early by calling before the packages are delivered. You call the NVC and ask for the GUZ number, and you call the DOS to find out when the interview is, hopefully you will be calling everyday, and you will know 5 to 10 days early, five extra days to get plane tickets and prepare for the interview/trip

yeah i got that what i was saying is i dont want to be stuck in the states waiting for a phone call from my fiancee about her interview that is why i am going to be there waiting downstairs for her

just to clarify...

you can call NVC to get GUZ #, but the P2.5 shows it... so for the most part, there is rarely a reason to call NVC since it will move on to GUZ and then DOS is the one to call.

But the package will go to customs and sit in Swan Hotel for a month or more... Follow the timelines to see when to time calls to DOS.

just to clarify...

you can call NVC to get GUZ #, but the P2.5 shows it... so for the most part, there is rarely a reason to call NVC since it will move on to GUZ and then DOS is the one to call.

But the package will go to customs and sit in Swan Hotel for a month or more... Follow the timelines to see when to time calls to DOS.

swan hotel??? is that the white swan hotel or a different one lol the white swan hotel on shamian is next door to my fiancees shop and across the street from her families apartment...that is a nice peacful place to stay..i never stayed at theat one but i stayed at the victory hotel on the other side of the island it was nice

Edited by areynolds (see edit history)