Interview Date

Ting and I are not going for citizen ship as were firm on moving to China when I retire.

Then it will make things much easier over there if my lao po is still a Chinese citizen.

I do not want to make assumptions on your China experience; or your SO's USA experience. After Ying was here she was uncertain on what to do about citizenship. Yes, the option for us to retire in China was a option for us. Thankfully I have spent enough time in China to fully understand that picture and I know I could handle it. The citizenship option is Ying's, not ours or mine. She knew I would support any decison. She decided that she wanted to be a US citizen. Which I fully support.

I guess my advice is that at the P3 stage, decisions on citizenship may be premature, if you make them, don't be too surprised if they change.

Ying finally has her interview date. On April 28th Ying will be inteviewed at USCIS San Antonio, Texas. She will begin studying in earnest on April 1st. Finally the end is near.

GREAT NEWS, Carl.

My best wishes to you both.

tsap seui

Ting and I are not going for citizen ship as were firm on moving to China when I retire.

Then it will make things much easier over there if my lao po is still a Chinese citizen.

I do not want to make assumptions on your China experience; or your SO's USA experience. After Ying was here she was uncertain on what to do about citizenship. Yes, the option for us to retire in China was a option for us. Thankfully I have spent enough time in China to fully understand that picture and I know I could handle it. The citizenship option is Ying's, not ours or mine. She knew I would support any decison. She decided that she wanted to be a US citizen. Which I fully support.

I guess my advice is that at the P3 stage, decisions on citizenship may be premature, if you make them, don't be too surprised if they change.

Very wise advice. When we were going through the process Christine was certain she wouldn't want to go for citizenship. Since she got here she's decided she wanted to after all and then decided maybe it would be a good idea to keep her Chinese citizenship in case we decide to retire there one day. I'm sure we'll go through a few more of these phases before all is said and done. <_<

Ed's point is a good one. P3 stage, or even when she gets here is most likely too early to make a decision that has so many factors attached to it.

Very wise advice. When we were going through the process Christine was certain she wouldn't want to go for citizenship. Since she got here she's decided she wanted to after all and then decided maybe it would be a good idea to keep her Chinese citizenship in case we decide to retire there one day. I'm sure we'll go through a few more of these phases before all is said and done. :greenblob:

Ed's point is a good one. P3 stage, or even when she gets here is most likely too early to make a decision that has so many factors attached to it.

My wife's decision was for the citizenship. We are planning on retirement in China, and I thought that would be a reason not to get citizenship. Then she stated that if the children stay here, and we retire, it would be much easier for us, as US citizens, to return to the US for a visit, than it would if we were Chinese citizens. Smart woman I married, teaches me things all the time.