Interview Preparation

Hello, we finally have a date for our interview, April 28, 2008 ! Now, we must reprogram for the interview. We have grown comfortable living together here in the US, and we don¡¯t want to let that affect our preparation. We are prepared for the obvious requested documentation, but we are thinking that we could be skipping something/some things, that are not so obvious to us because it has been almost 2 years since we had to do any real preparation. We are also worried about the appointment letter, because it will be sent to the US, we do not know how long it will take?

We know that we will need to redo the medical exam

We have submitted all the original docs requested by the NVC

We have copies of these docs, so we can get the originals back, MAYBE (we will ask for them)

We had vaccinations, maybe a second will be needed, not Tetnus, but maybe a booster

We have the GIV-24 (K-3) so we can update easily, if that is requested

We have photos of us together with the family in China (before the K-3) and together with my family for the holidays here in the US (post K-3)

We have other evidence from post K-3

What other things do you think might be important for the IR-1 reinterview?

Will it be similar to the AOS interview in the US?

Will they treat us differently because we are doing something out of the ordinary? STRICTER?

We are looking for help with the things on the edge, and also we would like reassurance of the obvious. Hopefully we have not missed too many things. With your help, we have done well so far, now we are looking for support for the final GAME! Thanks for all your help and support in the past, and for your help now, Mike & Yizhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Hello, we finally have a date for our interview, April 28, 2008 ! Now, we must reprogram for the interview. We have grown comfortable living together here in the US, and we don¡¯t want to let that affect our preparation. We are prepared for the obvious requested documentation, but we are thinking that we could be skipping something/some things, that are not so obvious to us because it has been almost 2 years since we had to do any real preparation. We are also worried about the appointment letter, because it will be sent to the US, we do not know how long it will take?

We know that we will need to redo the medical exam

We have submitted all the original docs requested by the NVC

We have copies of these docs, so we can get the originals back, MAYBE (we will ask for them)

We had vaccinations, maybe a second will be needed, not Tetnus, but maybe a booster

We have the GIV-24 (K-3) so we can update easily, if that is requested

We have photos of us together with the family in China (before the K-3) and together with my family for the holidays here in the US (post K-3)

We have other evidence from post K-3

What other things do you think might be important for the IR-1 reinterview?

Will it be similar to the AOS interview in the US?

Will they treat us differently because we are doing something out of the ordinary? STRICTER?

We are looking for help with the things on the edge, and also we would like reassurance of the obvious. Hopefully we have not missed too many things. With your help, we have done well so far, now we are looking for support for the final GAME! Thanks for all your help and support in the past, and for your help now, Mike & Yizhen

i think you are well prepared, however i would be prepared to explain to the vo why you chose this process instead of doing aos in the states.

The doorbell just rang, it was FED EX, we got something unexpected! They sent the P-4 FED EX! I think it was as fast as mailing to Liuzhou in China! It should have been here yesterday (only 5 days), but the driver can't read, he tried to deliver to 9656 instead of 9616 not even close. He needs glasses. We had no GIV-24, and there was a DS-230, Part 2, printed front and back. It was the old version. Do you think they will accept the new version? We also got our plane tickets today. Mr. Yang says there is a fair, and the prices are higher, called several others and they all said the same thing. We will be staying with Yang.

congrats mike.

did you try this place, www.13711105224.cn. dylan, hy020's wife and my wife stayed at this place, no complaints or anything. you may get the same answer because of the fair in GZ.

my wife recieved her ds-230 part 2 only in the p4 mail. funny thing is that the vo didnt asked my wife to sign the ds-230 part 2 after getting her pink paper. i dont know why but make a point to your wife and ask the vo does she needs to sign the ds-230 part 2, question 35.

good luck and bring the pink home!!!

Edited by george lee (see edit history)

We stayed with the Yangs before, and we tried several others including dylan's, and they were all higher when we finally had the exact dates. We will be staying 11 days. We are very comfortable with the Yangs, the price is right, and location is perfect. We have been to GUZ 3 times already, and we are looking forward to our time there. We are very familiar with the city, we have some favorite restaurants, and we have had some Yizhen's family even come to show us around. Her brother is a prominent business man, and he travels often.

We will be taking the new version of the DS-230 part II with us, you can fill it in before you print. It could be very exciting, there are 5 other couples that will be in GUZ during our stay! Again George, we are very happy for you and your wife! Mike & Yizhen