Hello to everyone and good wishes for all of us trying to complete this process.

My fiance Ling was given a blue slip on Jan 20th. Everything was in oreder, just my taxable income somehow insufficient. We have now completed everything this VO woman requested. I needed a co sponsor and tax returns for the last 3 year. My son is my co sponsor and we have submitted his returns and all forms. SO..what is next?

Will LIng have another interview in Guangzhou, how long will we have to wait? I am trying to plan my trip to China and hope to return before the summer months when the fares always seem to be quite higher. More than anything we just want to be together and begin our daily lives hand in hand. Has anybody experinced this process and time-lines? Appreciate any info!!

Once again thanks to all of you who share valuable info here routinely. And to those of us in waiting process, may time move swiftly and all good things come our way. Jim

You say "somehow insufficient". Does that mean it was above the poverty line, but they rejected it anyway?

Did the blue slip specifically request a co-sponsor?

No more interviews. If they accept your evidence, they will request that she submit her passport in order to put the visa in it.

I'm sure others who have been there will also respond.

Good luck to bopth of you

She will get a postal letter with the result. You can submit an email question to GIV office as well, but the answer might not be so clear.

Here's the website to send an email:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

Good Luck !

I live on company retirement, investments, and ssd. This past year my investements and retirement, my taxable income was slightly less than poverty level.. It has been a bad year for 401 k, and mutual funds and stocks. However combined income I easily exceeds this. Nonetheless she requested a co sponsor.

She requested co-sponsor, I 864, tax returns from past 3 years. This has all been sent and now we await her next decision. Hoping for the best. Thanks, for all the fast replies.. Jim

I live on company retirement, investments, and ssd. This past year my investements and retirement, my taxable income was slightly less than poverty level.. It has been a bad year for 401 k, and mutual funds and stocks. However combined income I easily exceeds this. Nonetheless she requested a co sponsor.

She requested co-sponsor, I 864, tax returns from past 3 years. This has all been sent and now we await her next decision. Hoping for the best. Thanks, for all the fast replies.. Jim

I would think that if you made the 125% level, that would be sufficent.

Like 17,500 20,500, 21,700, 22,300. The rules are the rules, but dealing with Guz they can twist them every which way but loose

Looks like you submitted the right things. If the VO asked for a co-sponsor then that's what you need to give them. Now all you can do is wait for them to review the submission and contact your sweet heart. This sounds like a fairly easy overcome. From what you posted they didn't question whether or not you have a bonafide relationship. They only wanted income information.

125% is nothing more than a litmus test... your ability to receive sufficient and STEADY income from year to year is the best guarantee of not becoming a public charge.

This example is no surprise since the income is based on factors which go up and down year to year... no guarantee on some of the income if it's risk based.

We need to stop focusing on 125% sometimes and look at the whole picture of what's going on.

125% is nothing more than a litmus test... your ability to receive sufficient and STEADY income from year to year is the best guarantee of not becoming a public charge.

This example is no surprise since the income is based on factors which go up and down year to year... no guarantee on some of the income if it's risk based.

We need to stop focusing on 125% sometimes and look at the whole picture of what's going on.

Thanks David, your one of the go to people to look at another aspect of all of this. Its great to have you here for sure.