Randy, I was just wondering if it was a rule, I know it would not make any sense, because the I-130 would be through the NVC before the normal approval time of a K-3, and the IR-1/CR-1 would be the better choice of a visa. Mike & Yizhen

The rule I found was quoted above. Once the I-130 is approved by the USCIS, a visa number is "immediately available".

If the IR-1/CR-1's are really going through that fast, then the K-3 would likely be combined with the IR-1/CR-1 anyway in GUZ.

There's no reason to waste your money on a K-3 if you know in advance that the I-130 is going to be faster

So I'll see if I can't find a reference to it.

What sense is it for them to approve both on the same date then. I think that is so nuts. I had both my I-129F and I-130 approved on the same day. I have a GUZ number and a HNK number.

The rules aren't hard and fast there, especially when the I-130 and I-129F go to different consulates

-----------------------------------------------------

May IR1 Petition Beneficiaries Opt for K3 Processing?

-----------------------------------------------------

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to the alien." To maximize the number of aliens who may benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post, or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

31. Department notes that place of application for some K3 applicants will cause problems in this regard. Many K3s must apply at non-IV issuing posts in regions where IV processing is centralized in a post outside the country. For example, if a K3 petition is received by the non-IV issuing consular section in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and an IR1 petition is already at the consular section in Moscow (the designated centralized IV post for the former Soviet countries), the K3 applicant in Almaty should not be told he/she must travel to Moscow in order to process the IR1 in Moscow. He/she may apply for the K3 in Almaty despite "availability" of an IV in Moscow, or he/she may abandon K3 processing and opt for IV processing in Moscow.

but, again, what I THINK I read was that they will not accept a K-3 I-129F application after the I-130 is approved (NOA2)

I almost forgot -

'waiting on Jing to reply' is solely about the DS-3032 - and she can actually EMAIL that to NVC -

Take a hard read here - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/..._IV_Package.29:

The format for the email is up at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Regards...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

mikepellicore - Why are you saying it is better to stay CR1 as opposed to a k3. Is it easier to get approved or something.

As a cr1, I have to submit all financial paperwork and alot of information to NVC here in the USA before her interview in china. Do we still need to submit this again in china. I read the visajourny guide line and saw this. If they approve the cr1 and send the interview date out is there still much of an interview in GUZ or is it just to pick up the visa.

jst - a lot of that paperwork one submits for the I-130,

is also submitted for the AOS with I-485 'set', (usually a K-3 or K-1 beneficiary has this filed on her behalf by her spouse) and there's an additional fee (1100??) . A CR-1/IR-1 doesn't have to file this extra set once in country. Also, a K-3 is really doing TWO COMPLETE SETS O PAPERWORK, once for the initial I-130, again for the K-3, without the additional NVC paperwork (but it all gets 'collected during AOS once she's in-country), then a 3rd set for the initial AOS. Whew ! Boy are my fingers tired, and eyes are bleary !!

So, sooner or later - yer gonna be filling out the same type o paperwork.

dnoblett usually pitches 'the list o comparison' - look him up in the members section, find one of his posts about this 'list o comparison'.

( OK - I 'll feed ya one -

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=478241 )

It'll be worth yer time, I promise- as it's comprehensive.

now, down to yer questions...

Do we still need to submit this again in china.

If 'this' = all of the stuff sent to NVC, the answer is NO.

I read the visajourny guide line and saw this

Really? For a CR-1, she'll need her medical papers, and any updated police report (if required) , any updated I-864 (if ya passed over a tax year whilst waiting), and her passport. Bringing photos is useful, unless it was all front loaded prior. Bringing yer additional travel info is useful as well, if you've made additional visits since the I-130 was filed.

If they approve the cr1 and send the interview date out is there still much of an interview in GUZ or is it just to pick up the visa.

There's still an interview process. I've never heard of anyone , except one lass, who went in to just 'pick up the visa'. Her husband was well known with GUZ, did millions o dollars of trading , wife was famous - all of the GUZ staff, both commercial trading and IV units, knew her and him.

...and, just remember, jst - Mike P is doing both - a K-3 with followup CR-1. His wife was been in-country for a bit.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Hello jst, along with repeating the suggestion that you read dnoblett's comprehensive list, I will say you must be preparing even before the day you decide to marry, and you must be very thorough in collecting evidence and filing paperwork. My suggestion that the CR-1/IR-1 is better than K-3 is because the basic paperwork is almost the same, and the time it takes to complete the process is much closer now. Also, you get a green card, social security card, and you can work almost immediately. Basically it costs less and it is more convenient. You will find all the help you will need here @ CFL, welcome and good luck, Mike & Yizhen

• 4 weeks later...

My head is spinning from reading all of this...I received my 1st, I-797C today. It's the receipt notice for the I-130 petition I sent to USCIS in Chicago, 12 days ago.

Is the receipt number in the upper left, WAC-09-XXX-XXXXX my wife's alien registration number?

In the lower left corner is an address of the USCIS in Laguna Niguel, CA. This is where my petition was sent for processing, TRUE?

So now I should send to Laguna Niguel an I-129F and another G-325 along with duplicates of everything I sent with the I-130? All 135 pages and 29 photos?

Then I wait for another NOA?

With the 2nd NOA I will be given a choice of K-3 or CR-1?

I sure am glad there are some very intelligent members here with all of the answers.

Xie Xie, ZZ :D