Questions about Vaccinations

Hello all,

My fianc¨¦e and I have been patiently awaiting our P3 for about 1.5 months now (still stuck in clearance delay) and have been using that time wisely to get all of our ducks in row as far as P3/P4 forms go and all supporting documentation. There is one area though in which we are confused about and that is the vaccination requirements.

The P4 contents for K-1 visas listed on the GUZ website includes the new Vaccination Notice for Immigrant Visas (Rev 1/09) which lists the vaccinations required before an immigrant is allowed to enter the US. Based upon the contents of this notice I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

http://guangzhou-ch.usembassy-china.org.cn...instruction.pdf

1. Since this notice is included in the P4 for K-1s - is it now a requirement that all K-1 applicants must receive the immunizations before their interview is conducted? I believe that in the past, K-1s had the option of either getting the immunizations before entering the US or else waiting to get them in the US but before AOS - however the immunization notice included in the P4 kind of contradicts this now.

2. Can the applicant go ahead and get the immunizations at a local hospital/clinic and then go to one of the approved Quarantine Bureau Offices, show them their immunization records and then receive an International vaccination record - or must the vaccinations actually be given at one of the approved Quarantine Bureau Offices?

0r

3. Can the visa applicant just receive the required immunizations during their visa medical exam?

Many thanks in advance!!

Note K-1 is a NON-Immigrant visa, so can defer vaccinations until after entry to the USA.

However it will save you some $$ to do the vaccinations in Guangzhou after interview while waiting for visa.

The med center that does the visa medical will know what vaccinations are required for immigrations. They will then give you a yellow vaccinations book that you will later get transferred to an I-693 when filing to adjust status.

Keep in mind the P4 notice that sometimes gets sent to K-Visa applicants may be the notice that is for IR-1 and CR-1 IMMIGRANT visas.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fo...and_packets.htm

Vaccination Requirements

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements. See IV Vaccination Requirements for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

As a fianc¨¦(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fianc¨¦(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination