Looks like a feud is a startin'

You should teach her to shoot, and buy an accurate air rifle (pellets or BB's) - can take down most birds. (Squirrels too, if you aim)

Yep, my pump action Daisy BB gun can puncture a coffee can at ~25 yards.

Dennis I had a first cousin that had one of those. I wanted one of them so badly. I never did got one though. Is yours from your youth or do they still make them?

Larry

They still make them, Larry. ~50 bucks. http://i40.tinypic.com/2rykbw3.jpg Loads of fun. :rolleyes:

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Daisy_BB_Gun_...le_p/day880.htm

Charles, quite possibly your wife is a city girl who's getting a sensory overload from nature? :ph34r: That's a good thing, right?

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should teach her to shoot, and buy an accurate air rifle (pellets or BB's) - can take down most birds. (Squirrels too, if you aim)

Dennis I had a first cousin that had one of those. I wanted one of them so badly. I never did got one though. Is yours from your youth or do they still make them?

Larry

They still make them, Larry. ~50 bucks. http://i40.tinypic.com/2rykbw3.jpg Loads of fun. :huh:

Charles, quite possibly your wife is a city girl who's getting a sensory overload from nature? :blink: That's a good thing, right?

Dennis you just don't get it, she needs an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Never mind that Santa said "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." :D

I think (the way she described it) is small, fat, and perhaps an orange colored belly with the rest of it being grayish and some black. :blink:

This lil bird is in a heap a trouble if'n it comes around talking dao wei again. :huh:

That is a close description of a robin, and that call from the way she described it sounds like a robin to me.

Please tell her the robin is her friend who is eating the worms in the yard.

Novelty site has good audio of robin's call.

She says that's not it. :( I let her hear the sound and she said no. She heard it again this morning. :D

Larry

They still make them, Larry. ~50 bucks. http://i40.tinypic.com/2rykbw3.jpg Loads of fun. :D

Charles, quite possibly your wife is a city girl who's getting a sensory overload from nature? :blink: That's a good thing, right?

Yep I had one of those air guns long ago. My wife is a pure bred country girl. She grew on a rural China farm. I live on the woods and she loves it here but she can't stand some bird tellin her bad luck. :huh:

With all due respect to your wife, I must say this was a funny story.

I'm sure we all have some funny stories.... I finally let my wife drive yesterday in "live" traffic. I let her drive to the market... my heart was a beating....Bmp bmp bmp bmp.... she did ok... then she drove home from the store... go to go into the garage... I turn the wheel a little so she doesn't take out the side of the garage :unsure: because she is looking straight ahead ... to her defense she has to go up an incline to get into the garage and she said she wanted me to do it... I said no you can do it... so she proceeded and right has she should hit the brakes in the garage to turn off the car, she decides to floor it :o

...... just call me fast lefty, because I yanked on that emergency brake just as she was about to plow in the the freezer and subsquently take out a wall and go into the laundry room... that would have been quite a thread to open up :blink:

Anyway, she just laughs and laughs and I was not laughing :ph34r: and she swears she stops just in time and refuses to beleive I stopped the car :surprise: ... anyway, I won't let her drive in to the garage for a while.... anyway, sorry to hijack your thread Charles.

I hope that your wife will make peace this this bird, if in fact the bird knows what's good for him.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I'm sure we all have some funny stories.... I finally let my wife drive yesterday in "live" traffic. I let her drive to the market... my heart was a beating....Bmp bmp bmp bmp.... she did ok... then she drove home from the store... go to go into the garage... I turn the wheel a little so she doesn't take out the side of the garage :unsure: because she is looking straight ahead ... to her defense she has to go up an incline to get into the garage and she said she wanted me to do it... I said no you can do it... so she proceeded and right has she should hit the brakes in the garage to turn off the car, she decides to floor it :blink:

...... just call me fast lefty, because I yanked on that emergency brake just as she was about to plow in the the freezer and subsquently take out a wall and go into the laundry room... that would have been quite a thread to open up :ph34r:

Anyway, she just laughs and laughs and I was not laughing and she swears she stops just in time and refuses to beleive I stopped the car :surprise: ... anyway, I won't let her drive in to the garage for a while.... anyway, sorry to hijack your thread Charles.

I hope that your wife will make peace this this bird, if in fact the bird knows what's good for him.

Sounds to me like there is a bit of dao mei in the future for that bird... :o

Splinterman

Yesterday was a spring like day after the snow we had last week. :blink:

Anyway, yesterday my wife went running out the front door in a fit of anger. I heard her in the front yard yellin at something or someone so I went to check it out. She was looking up in the trees and saying somethin in a mean tone. I asked her what she was doing and she said "bird say bad things to me! I want to catch and kill bird!" :blink: I asked her "what did it say?" She said "dao mei, dao mei." This means have bad luck. :o

Now we live out in the woods so there are no neighbors to see or hear so I will just let her have at it.

She enjoys all the singing of the other birds but this one bird will have to go! :lol: Never a dull moment around here! :)

Charles, as you know. i we live in country too.

i know some people will think we chinese woman crazy.

but same birds say same thing to me.

yes, dao mei, dao mei means bad luck.

but it will also mean season change.

be careful.

If you want to see something funny.

you and your wife come to my house in ohio and watch me try to catch geess.

nothing more funy than small chinese woman chassing large birds around field.

me same as your wife. i just want to cook and eat them.

no money!! :huh:

Hong - is possible to catch the geese with a 12 foot fish throw net. Requires lots of patience and being still and quiet.

BUT - you can STUN them with a bow, use a blunted arrow -

Then - take it back home, clip it's wings, keep in cage, get some goose eggs.

If possible, get a male and a female, grow goose babies.. You must keep clipping the wings, or they run away...

When I was a kid, we had geese, about 10 of them, I think were 5th generation by the time it was my job to feed them. We had boxes for them to sleep in, and since their wings were clipped, we let them out during the day to go play on the lake. They always return for their food, and always lay eggs in the boxes. Bread made with goose eggs was always a treat !!

Many people like to eat goose - so if you have the land to grow them - go catch some wild ones, tame them in the 2nd generation.

I have a bit o land too, I not raise geese on them. But somehow, someone released some big mexican parrots 3 years ago, then there was a flock of mexican parrots that moved in next door... I was able to catch 3 like this - use a blunted arrow , shoot through bow, and raise 3 sets, sold them all (i'm not a parrot fancier, after all).

But I digress. Usually goose are good to eat DURING the goose hunting season (November through January, where I live) because they have all of that wonderful fat on them. If you catch them and raise them, be sure to get them fat before you kill n eat them, ya?

Many people HUNT geese during this hunting season - with shotgun usually. Some will use a cross bow or a regular bow, it adds to the challenge. If you use a shotgun to kill a goose (normal way) you might have problems with the sherrif. If you use a blunted arrow with bow, usually it's OK. If you use a fish throw net - NO ONE WILL BOTHER YOU about it, is no legal issue for this type of capture.

There are other ways to 'catch a goose', you can make box traps, but those can be troublesome.

If you are able to chase them, maybe they are semi-tame, and belong to someone else? If they can't fly, I'll suggest the belong to someone else, so be careful, ya?

What do you think? Can you use a bow, or crossbow, or fish throw net? Goose Meat So Tasty !

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I'm sure we all have some funny stories.... I finally let my wife drive yesterday in "live" traffic. I let her drive to the market... my heart was a beating....Bmp bmp bmp bmp.... she did ok... then she drove home from the store... go to go into the garage... I turn the wheel a little so she doesn't take out the side of the garage :unsure: because she is looking straight ahead ... to her defense she has to go up an incline to get into the garage and she said she wanted me to do it... I said no you can do it... so she proceeded and right has she should hit the brakes in the garage to turn off the car, she decides to floor it :o

...... just call me fast lefty, because I yanked on that emergency brake just as she was about to plow in the the freezer and subsquently take out a wall and go into the laundry room... that would have been quite a thread to open up :blink:

Anyway, she just laughs and laughs and I was not laughing :ph34r: and she swears she stops just in time and refuses to beleive I stopped the car :lol: ... anyway, I won't let her drive in to the garage for a while.... anyway, sorry to hijack your thread Charles.

Lawd have mercy brother C!! Sounds like you really diverted a disaster! :o You are one brave dude (and quick too). I guess I'd rather be worrying about this bird thing instead of my garage getting plowed! :D

I tells ya brother C, this story is very funny to me but every bit of it is true and that's the funniest part of it all. :lol: All the years we talked, she told me about herself. Looks like she was telling me the truth! :D

Now I can't wait to go fishin' with her. She has told me some pretty strange ways to catch fish. :ph34r:

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Yesterday was a spring like day after the snow we had last week. :lol:

Anyway, yesterday my wife went running out the front door in a fit of anger. I heard her in the front yard yellin at something or someone so I went to check it out. She was looking up in the trees and saying somethin in a mean tone. I asked her what she was doing and she said "bird say bad things to me! I want to catch and kill bird!" :unsure: I asked her "what did it say?" She said "dao mei, dao mei." This means have bad luck. :lol:

Now we live out in the woods so there are no neighbors to see or hear so I will just let her have at it.

She enjoys all the singing of the other birds but this one bird will have to go! :ph34r: Never a dull moment around here! :o

Charles, as you know. i we live in country too.

i know some people will think we chinese woman crazy.

but same birds say same thing to me.

yes, dao mei, dao mei means bad luck.

but it will also mean season change.

be careful.

If you want to see something funny.

you and your wife come to my house in ohio and watch me try to catch geess.

nothing more funy than small chinese woman chassing large birds around field.

me same as your wife. i just want to cook and eat them.

no money!! :blink:

:ph34r: I already know about the geese thing! About a month ago my wife and I were walking in the park. We were side by side and then I noticed her missing. I turn around and she has her hands out and she is very close to a goose (about 1 foot). I yelled to her "NO!!!!!!!!!!" I tells ya she would have had that goose. :D She said the same thing you said "I want to cook, no need money." :o

Good luck explaining migratory bird laws to your wife :o Federal, state and local game laws. Hunting license etc.

Yea RIGHT!!! i understand, you understand.

but a Chinese woman on a ram page in the country.

there are no laws where we live.