Important Update on Clearance Delay in GUZ

Brian, Trudger24 and lvlp:

1). We were told by DOS the packages were sent on Oct 22, 08, we then found out the DHL tracking numbers from another forum (in Chinese). Like I said, those girls who are applying for K1, IR1 and etc. are very smart! Don't ask me how they got those tracking numbers. There are 3 tracking numbers (for 3 packages) for 10/22/08. They all got cleared custom and delivered to GUZ on 03/04/08 per DHL website;

2). I also found out all the packages sent in Oct. 08 were cleared the custom except the ones sent on 10/28/08 and 10/30/08. One girl from Chinese forum posted a message like this: My package (K1) was sent out by NVC on 10/23 and cleared the custom on 03/04. I sent an email to GUZ and they told me they received my package but no interview date yet.

3). I am not sure why DOS told me different answers! I called 3rd time late this afternoon and one lady told me to check back next week. She said GUZ normally goes to warehouse and open the packages on weekends.

I hope it will be better news for all of us next week. I believe our files are in GUZ now but they didn't open the boxes yet.

Jlock

Lock, CooCookie, Brian, Truger24 and everyone with delayed late Oct 08 packages at GUZ:

Just put up the phone with DOS. My case is still "not opened yet" in GUZ. They told me to call back on 23rd of March, the 5-month marker.

Any good news from yours?

lvlp

Still haven't heard anything yet. I will check again on Friday, and post what I find out, if anything.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi every one I'm new here and new to this whole screwed up thing of Chinese k1 visas they call processing. Why don't they call it Guangzhou storage company. But what bothers me the most is that why can't one USA office send anything direct to the USA embassy without the Chinese customs getting it first and holding it for 90 days. so does this include

faxes, phone calls, computer file transfers and what ever comunications goes from one USA office to another USA office?

I know for a fact a k1 that goes to Moscow it goes direct from NVC to USA embassy there and they process 150 visa interviews every week.

They also have a online web site you can check on your case at the embassy without going to the bank to pay to get permision to call some contract company in ST. Petersburg like you do here to call Shanghai and talk to some one that don't know crap about your case for only $1.65 per minute. Where is the quicker service we are paying

triple price for that good ole MR. BUSH promised you??????

Brian,

One girl from Chinese forum posted that she got email from Guangzhou saying her P3 packet is on the way to her. Her case (K1) was sent on 10/21/08 from NVC to Guangzhou and the package was cleared the custom on 03/04/09 (I believe ours were cleared at the same day.). I think they handled K1 faster than other type of cases. Yours are IR1, correct? Our parents cases are IR5.

I don't think they opened our boxes yet so they kept giving us same answers: we haven't received your physical files yet or your packages have not been cleared the Chinese custom yet.

Jlock

Edited by Lock (see edit history)

Brian,

One girl from Chinese forum posted that she got email from Guangzhou saying her P3 packet is on the way to her. Her case (K1) was sent on 10/21/08 from NVC to Guangzhou and the package was cleared the custom on 03/04/09 (I believe ours were cleared at the same day.). I think they handled K1 faster than other type of cases. Yours are IR1, correct? Our parents cases are IR5.

I don't think they opened our boxes yet so they kept giving us same answers: we haven't received your physical files yet or your packages have not been cleared the Chinese custom yet.

Jlock

Same for my case. Have the hope for next week.

lvlp, CooCookie, JLock, Truger24

I emailed GUZ on Thursday night. And this morning I got a reply. Heres what it says: We just received the file form NVC. The case is now in the process of scheduling. Once we complete it, we will notify you of the interview. For once some good news! I hope everyone gets the same news. This made my day.

lvlp, CooCookie, JLock, Truger24

I emailed GUZ on Thursday night. And this morning I got a reply. Heres what it says: We just received the file form NVC. The case is now in the process of scheduling. Once we complete it, we will notify you of the interview. For once some good news! I hope everyone gets the same news. This made my day.

congrats!

Yes, we called DOS this morning and they finally told us Guangzhou received our cases (physical files). We should know what the interview date will be in April. It¡¯s better news¡­ So I guess they did go to warehouse and open some boxes over the weekend!

Hope everyone will get better news this week!

Jlock

Funny thing is when I called DOS second time this morning just to see if I would get same answer about our cases. One lady whom I spoke to last Friday told me Guangzhou had our physical files for a while already but just didn¡¯t have the interview date scheduled! OMG, she was the one who told me last Friday that Guangzhou hadn¡¯t received the physical files for our cases yet!! Can you believe this??

Funny thing is when I called DOS second time this morning just to see if I would get same answer about our cases. One lady whom I spoke to last Friday told me Guangzhou had our physical files for a while already but just didn’t have the interview date scheduled! OMG, she was the one who told me last Friday that Guangzhou hadn’t received the physical files for our cases yet!! Can you believe this??

YUP - there are too many variables at 'that call center' - so you'll be getting different answers each time you call in. It's worth it to call in, but keep your frustration in balance, knowing that 'what they see on the screen' may NOT be 1) accurate or 2) up to date or 3) timely. Some 'workers' aren't adequately trained (IMO) about how to use the system, as well. IMO, their 'data' (and yours) lives in a cesspool. But that's just my opinion, la.

Want to confuse them further? Ask about status of name checks - the FAQs here list 2 stages of namechecks.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Brian,

I thought yours was sent on Oct 22, 08. I believe all packages sent on that day were cleared the custom. There is another forum (in Chinese) giving the updates on the customer clearance status. Somehow those smart girls have connection to find out which dates are cleared the custom and they are always accurate. I also checked DHL website which also showed all the packages sent on 10/22 got delivered.

Good luck,

Jlock

why not share what chinese site your talking about