Attorney Collecting Horror Stories

Thank you for your interest in our law firm.

February and March are traditionally our firm's busiest months, and this year is no exception. Since we are receiving a lot of email inquiries right now, and if we tried to answer them all we would be distracted from helping our current clients, we will not be providing free advice again until April 1, 2009. So, if you'd like to speak with us before then, you should sign up for a paid consultation (click schedule a consultation to get started) through our web site.

I can assure you will receive a first-rate analysis of your case situation and your prospects for the future. In addition, your $150 consultation fee will be applied in full to your case fee should you later decide to hire us to handle your entire case.

Thank you for your interest in our law firm.

February and March are traditionally our firm's busiest months, and this year is no exception. Since we are receiving a lot of email inquiries right now, and if we tried to answer them all we would be distracted from helping our current clients, we will not be providing free advice again until April 1, 2009. So, if you'd like to speak with us before then, you should sign up for a paid consultation (click schedule a consultation to get started) through our web site.

I can assure you will receive a first-rate analysis of your case situation and your prospects for the future. In addition, your $150 consultation fee will be applied in full to your case fee should you later decide to hire us to handle your entire case.

I have had a hard time finding an attorney willing to give a free consultation. Personally I don't hire an attorney unless they give a free consult. I think one should be able to interview first. Therefore, I think it nice that at least he is offering a free consult after April 1. I have a few questions for him and think his fee is reasonable if he provides some decent value add...

He could be starting out the practice and looking to see if it's a good field to get into. Lots of potential clients? Now he's got free background material. Or it could be he did get alot stuff to go through and needs time to get everything filtered.

Guest Pommey

He could be starting out the practice and looking to see if it's a good field to get into. Lots of potential clients? Now he's got free background material. Or it could be he did get alot stuff to go through and needs time to get everything filtered.

hope he's worth the Benjamins :unsure:

personally I would go with M.E he has a past and gives free consults.

And you know for a fact it isn't M.E.s first rodeo. He wanted stories and he got them. If he wanted them to build a case or throw a bright light on the situation, bully for him. If he was looking to troll for cases then he's a jerk[or ambulance chaser].

Guest Pommey

It costs nothing to send Roth your story. He has not solicited this board. I think we should give him the benifit of the doubt and see what he does with what we've given him.

to be honest Carl , I would like him to explain his intentions to the board.

If he's honest why is he hiding ? and now asking for cash ?

I don't know how good he is, but I contacted Roth in Aug. 2006, and I downloaded a 30 page initial filing information packet. It was a questionnaire/contract, very businesslike, but it did have an outline of the filings. I found CFL, and never looked back. $0 ! ! We got our K-3 in 8 months, PRICELESS ! ! Mike & Yizhen

It costs nothing to send Roth your story. He has not solicited this board. I think we should give him the benifit of the doubt and see what he does with what we've given him.

He isn't hiding. He isn't a member of this board. He owes us no explanation. As far as I know the only cash he asked for was in response to a query asking for a consultation. I see nothing wrong with that. Whether or not consultations should be charged a fee or not is debatable. Nothing I have seen so far about his complaint letter to the USCIS about GZ is unethical. He asked for stories to support his case and has not asked for one thin dime in return. Who knows? maybe he can bring some change. I certainly see no harm as of yet.

[quote name='warpedbored' post='480310' date='Mar 3 2009, 10:09

He isn't hiding. He isn't a member of this board. He owes us no explanation. As far as I know the only cash he asked for was in response to a query asking for a consultation. I see nothing wrong with that. Whether or not consultations should be charged a fee or not is debatable. Nothing I have seen so far about his complaint letter to the USCIS about GZ is unethical. He asked for stories to support his case and has not asked for one thin dime in return. Who knows? maybe he can bring some change. I certainly see no harm as of yet.

Some truth maybe he isn't a member CFL and has not personally appealed, but neither did I ask for Consultation!

Well, I started all this, and I can't for the life of me understand WHY you'd get an email like this, HKG, except to think that SOMEHOW your letter was either :

1. not identified as coming from CFL with that 'request for case info' or

2. one of his clerks is so f'ing brain dead - you got a canned response.

Some truth maybe he isn't a member CFL and has not personally appealed, but neither did I ask for Consultation!

That isn't clear in your original post. Istead of beating around the bush would you please tell us exactly what happened. If you asked for help in your case or if you were just sending him your story. As Sebastion asked, if you weren't asking for his help did you make it clear that you were just sending your story for his letter of complaint? Several members have sent him their stories. Yours is the only one so far that claims he asked for a consultation fee.

That isn't clear in your original post. Istead of beating around the bush would you please tell us exactly what happened. If you asked for help in your case or if you were just sending him your story. As Sebastion asked, if you weren't asking for his help did you make it clear that you were just sending your story for his letter of complaint? Several members have sent him their stories. Yours is the only one so far that claims he asked for a consultation fee.

I went to this web page http://www.arctec.com/guangzhou-problems.html and wrote to this address on the web page john@ttorney.com, and explained that I read he was looking for material on denials at Guangzhou Consulate, mentioned CFL..the email came addressed from, info@ttorney.com <info@ttorney.com>

Edited by HKG (see edit history)