Do they know you are in GUZ prior to ACH & Interview

If they know you're in China so what? As long as they don't follow me around 24/7 and tape bedroom stuff for the internet. I still like the personal touch and looking someone in the eye.

Too late, Georgandli!!! They've already got your bedroom antics on tape. Even though you were wearing nothing but a Zorro mask and a pair of black socks, we knew it was you anyway! How did your wife tie you to the ceiling fan like that? LOLOL :P

I read about all this somewhere. When you purchase your ticket, that data is sent on to DHS. Then when you check-in for your flight, it is updated. Then when you board and your passport is scanned, it is updated again. When you arrive in the foreign country, your passport is scanned again and the data base is updated again. The US bullied every country to get this procedure in place worldwide. All countries that want access to the US must comply. Every time you cross through any customs checkpoint, DHS knows.... :rolleyes:

So, why do you have to tell them about all your visits to see your honey? They hope you are stupid and you lie....gotcha!

This is all true as far as Homeland security and such but to think that GUZ has so much free time to check every flight and every passanger flying out of the US into china on a daily bases is just crazy. There are so many applications going thru there they could never try to match this up. Also they never know applications were filed before they receive them so how can they know everytime you come to visit your sweetheart. There are thousands of people flying from the us to china daily. They could never take the time to match this up as some people dont fly to china direct, they change planes first. They do care to try and prove every K visa coming thru there, it is our job to prove to them.

This is all true as far as Homeland security and such but to think that GUZ has so much free time to check every flight and every passanger flying out of the US into china on a daily bases is just crazy. There are so many applications going thru there they could never try to match this up. Also they never know applications were filed before they receive them so how can they know everytime you come to visit your sweetheart. There are thousands of people flying from the us to china daily. They could never take the time to match this up as some people dont fly to china direct, they change planes first. They do care to try and prove every K visa coming thru there, it is our job to prove to them.

When the USCIS does the initial USC background check, I am sure this is one of the stat-runs that are implemented and looked at, e.g., the DOS/CIS entry/exit system record for the USC. Not only for the subject country, but also to see your overall international travel profile.

All of this data, including one's NCIC rap sheet and other data base cross checks, are most likely on a data sheet within the entire package, when it arrives in GZ.

If they wish and as needed, on a case by case basis, I am sure they can pull up a current update of any of the data bases, including the DOS passport entry/exit system, before the visa is approved/issued. It would be very easy for GUZ staff to cross reference what the petitioner states and what the record shows.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)
Guest Pommey

UMMM... interesting my first trip was on my UK passport, GUZ asked to see it at the interview, guess they cant really track non-USA passports.

Next trip will be on my Australian passport, that will confuse them even more :ph34r:

Every time I visited my wife (fiancee then) or went to China to attend the interview, I made sure they knew by registering with the consulate online. I felt this was a great tool for keeping them informed. Not sure if it made a difference or not, but she had no problems at the interview.

I registered with the Consulate also, purpose of trip and just to let them them know for my own protection, but as for purpose of trip I mentioned to visit fiancee and to tour, I thought it would help for bonafide reasons, guess not, maybe most people intent on fraud register with the Consulate.

I am sure if somehow on a specific case they MAY be able to find out something. I just asked my father this question. He was Dept of Defense. He said Vo's have top security clearence. Also they are most likely tied into all US data bases. He had a guy who worked under him that went to work for the US Embassy in Germany when we lived there. He said they contacted him to help approve this guys security clearence. But he also told me that with the volume of cases they could never try and match them up the trips we have made.

I think if they check they will know. I don't think they have a master program running to match up all arrivals to petitions, but at some point during background check they might check number and length of visits.

I think if they check they will know. I don't think they have a master program running to match up all arrivals to petitions, but at some point during background check they might check number and length of visits.

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...
There is no need to prove that you are there because they will already know. ...and the VO looked at his computer screen and said "right." The VO never asked for my passport nor did my wife offer to give it to him...
My wife and I discussed this recently and concluded "somehow they know" said to the tune of the Twilight Zone.

I did several searches and, finally, came up with this from http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony/10_03_01.pdf: "...Information and Technology Initiatives

Require carriers to submit Advance Passenger Information before boarding passengers (whether the passenger is heading to the United States or attempting to depart the United States) to prevent known terrorists, criminals, and inadmissible passengers from boarding..."

So, they do know.

This "Privacy" reporting is readily available on the web, as is lots more on Data Storage, Retrieval and Information Sharing [in fact, it is required under somebody's privacy act] for 'visa,' 'passport,' and a few other key names we are all involved with.

I think this is an important tool that helps to keep us all safe.

lets hope so

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

If you think about it, it's really not hard to track someones movements throughout the world. After all, you present your passport to the airlines, and they enter your passport number into the system. That information is readily available to all immigration offices.

If you think about it, it's really not hard to track someones movements throughout the world. After all, you present your passport to the airlines, and they enter your passport number into the system. That information is readily available to all immigration offices.

Same thing with SS numbers. Yep, they got our number alright! :unsure: